15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About XLSTAT

The leading data analysis and statistical solution for Microsoft EXCEL®. Analyze, customize and share your results.

Learn more about XLSTAT

Pros:

Easy to use and handle, no turning and easy to learn.

Cons:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers.

XLSTAT ratings

4.6
4.5
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

XLSTAT has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 383 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used XLSTAT before?

Samuel
Samuel
Medical physicist in Slovakia
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use add-on to Microsoft Excel for Statistical Analysis

Pros:

Ease of installation. Ease of use. Makes statistical tests beyond the default Excel functionality available. A verbal interpretation of results.

Cons:

Slows Excel down when opening spreadsheets with many results.

Svend Bertil
Senior News Editor in Austria
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive Data Analysis Made Easier

Comments: XLSTAT is a great data analysis software for businesses that need to quickly analyze large amounts of data. It has a wide range of features and tools, making it easy to generate insights from data. The user interface is intuitive and the ability to integrate with other programs is a great plus. However, it can be expensive and users should be aware of compatibility issues before buying.

Pros:

XLSTAT is a comprehensive data analysis software that makes it easy to tackle complex data analysis tasks. With its intuitive user interface, users of all levels of expertise can quickly develop insights from their data. It has a wide range of features and tools, including advanced statistical testing, data visualization, and predictive analytics. The software also integrates with other programs like Microsoft Excel, making it easy to transfer data back and forth.

Cons:

Despite the range of features, there are some drawbacks to using XLSTAT. The software can be a bit expensive, particularly for small businesses with limited budgets. There are also some compatibility issues with certain versions of Excel, so make sure to check this before buying. Additionally, the user interface can be a bit overwhelming for first-time users.

Siau Choon
Sensory Manager in US
Chemicals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Kerry Ingredients SSC review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, it covers the essential sensory tools and methodologies used by Sensory Science these days such as TCATA, Temporal and Time Intensity. Still fiddling on these features.

Pros:

Tutorials and the statistical rationale behind the step. Technically sound.

Cons:

Window commands and prompt messages. It takes a while to understand the lingo.

Marcus
Assistant Extension Professor in US
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

XLSTAT works well for Windows, but not Macs

Comments: I thought this software was a great idea, and it works really well on a Windows machine. I tried it several times (several versions) on a Mac, and was always disappointed. The support staff acknowledges that the performance on a Mac is less than on a PC

Pros:

It is easy (and powerful) to interface this package with Excel on a Windows machine, but it's disappointingly slow (and crashes) on a Mac.

Cons:

This software doesn't work well on a Mac.

Douglas
Student in Brazil
Research, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Prices need to be lowered.

Pros:

Multivariate analysis and practicality in data analysis.

Cons:

The price needs to be lowered or for old customers to have more discounts.

Shaoyang
Shaoyang
Senior Research Assistant in Australia
Food & Beverages, 5,001–10,000 Employees

I recommend every researcher/student buy XLSTAT

Comments: I handle most of my sensory evaluation data and consumer data using XLSTAT. It is super easy and smooth to complete the data feeding – processing – reporting procedure. Now it only takes me 10 mins to finish all thoes steps (without XLSTAT, 2–3 days might not be enough)

Pros:

Economic, user-friendly, comprehensive online tutorial, customised training courses, best integration to Excel, up-to-date solutions, customer service

Cons:

Some functions have bugs that cause Excel collapse. I always identify these bugs and report them to Addinsoft. They always contact me the next day and fix these bugs as fast as they can.

Ngha
Data Analyst in Cameroon
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing software for statistical analysis right from within excel

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with XLSTAT in terms of value for money and ease of use. Given that I have advanced level knowledge in excel, this streamlines my workflow significantly with the way it is integrated into excel.
However the price is really on a high end.

Pros:

The one thing that keeps me coming back to XLSTAT despite many alternatives is the ability of the software to write a summary interpretation of statistical tests

Cons:

The software is very expensive compared to other software that can do similar statistical analysis

Catalin
PhD Student in Romania
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

More Easy fit options and improved VAR needed

Comments: Excellent!!! Really a game changer. It exceeded my expectations.

Pros:

R functions integrated, especially AML ones, and the bundle of statistical functions.

Cons:

There is nothing that I didnt't like the least. Perhaps an improved vector autoregressive would be needed to reach the quality of the one in Eviews with impulse charts integrated.

Sharon
Principal Scientist in US
Renewables & Environment, 10,000+ Employees

XLStat works

Comments: Excellent. Easy to use and intuitive. Would highly recommend.

Pros:

XLStat is easy to use so I highly recommend it

Cons:

The cost--it is unreachable for most of my students in graduate programs. My company purchases it for me and my staff but the access is limited to the few computers available.

Masson
Maitre de conférences in France
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

For use in educational research

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The software is easy to access for non-statisticians as far as the basic needs for my research are concerned.

Pros:

The visualisation and description sections are well documented

Cons:

Lack of tutorials for using data analysis

Professor in Colombia
Research, 501–1,000 Employees

Versatile, easy-to-use, all-you-need statistics package

Comments: XLSTAT has been a "one-stop" statistical analysis tool for me, a real time-saver, improving my ability to explore complex datasets without hopping around different programs. In less than 5 minutes I can run all kinds of statistical analyses (and try out different approaches) to resolve a specific question, and then return to my raw data Excel spreadsheet without having to hop around between different applications. The results simply appear as a new worksheet, to which I can return at a later time, if need be. I have been able to run every common statistical analysis with this program. I highly recommend it for students as well as more senior researchers. The cost is reasonable if you compare it with the time saved.

Pros:

XLSTAT provides all the common statistics analyses I need for my research and it works seamlessly-integrated into Excel--which is a huge plus. This makes it easy to work from existing Excel workbooks, without having to re-format and re-code data tables. Simply select the columns you want to analyze--and away you go! I can run any statistical analysis in less than 5 minutes and return to my same dataset--with a new perspective. All characteristics and functionality of Excel remain, which is helpful when working with annotated datasets (colors, figures, images). Results of each statistical analysis appear neatly as separate worksheet--great for maintaining a record of all analyses (and variations) performed on a given dataset (i.e. when writing a manuscript). The different statistical functions of XLSTAT also have an intuitive "Excel feel" to them, so no need to learn coding. The statistical outputs are very smart and thorough (and customizable)--including complete tables, figures and tests of assumptions (e.g. for Anovas).

Cons:

While there is an extensive help menu, sometimes the online explanations aren't sufficiently self-explanatory to understand, requiring trial-and-error. However, thanks to smooth integration into Excel and the useful feed-back from XLSTAT when you do make an error, you can usually get to the solution you need very quickly. My feeling is that if you have difficulties running a particular, unusual analysis in XLSTAT then you probably will have even greater difficulties in another program.

Jyotishree
Researcher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Data Analysis Made Easy with XLSTAT

Comments: I was never a statistician but with XLSTAT I learnt so much. There tutorials are great they explain you in simple language, easy to follow. I love XLSTAT. I couldn’t have thought of any better software than this.

Pros:

* Ease of use * Very good and clear tutorials * Convenient and doesn’t take a lot of time for analysis * Lot of features to choose from for the data analysis * One place and rate provides all * Great customer support

Cons:

* I have not faced anything yet * Probably some features are not available in everything but customer support always helps and caters to your request!

Celia
PhD student in Portugal
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

XLstat

Comments: Very positive experience, I start my deep statistical analysis with Xlstat and learn a lot.

Pros:

I like the easiness and very intuitive interface. Clear tutorials on the website with important examples. It is a very complete tool for my daily activity. I will recommend always.

Cons:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers

Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

XLSTAT for biotechnology research

Comments: I really took advantage for the features provided on the normal version and I will definitly will renew my supscription

Pros:

I liked the easy the interface works, and the vast and powerful statistic tools on it. I used the normal version and has enough tools for research in biotechnology. When I tried the premium version I can use several techniques and I really considered to buy it.

Cons:

The high price, and the economic version only last one year. I recommended that once your license ends you can continue some of the features integrated on that license and don't block you all access even the free trail.

Lumivero Response

5 years ago

Thank you for your review! After your license expires, XLSTAT converts to the Free limited version so you should be able to continue using some of its features. If this is not the case, please contact our technical support team at [email protected].

Bob
Bob
Professor Emeritus in UK
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Superb Customer Support

Comments: My research entails the exploration of the data generated by test subjects making high-speed visual judgements. As it has moved through upgrades I have taken benefit of the additional functionality added into the software by the XLSTAT team. Occasionally I have messed up the upgrade or spotted a problem and the support team have been just that - they have provided excellent support and with my ability to get things wrong that has been invaluable.

Pros:

XLSTAT has a range of depth of functionality even in its Basic version which is outstanding and the fact that it sits happily on top of EXCEL makes it a winner as far as I am concerned. Statistics has always been lurking in my academic and professional background but just using and experimenting with XLSTAT features on my data sets has allowed me to explore a range of possibilities that would have sent me nuts if using SPSS. An exceptional piece of software and a brilliant learning and research tool.

Cons:

Nothing - it has enhanced my research no end.

Michel
Professor in Canada
Research, 51–200 Employees

Excellent software and easy to use

Comments: I have used XLSTAT for many years as a part of my research projects and almost all my publications. An easy software to use that can help to generate great visual graphs for your research projects.

Pros:

The software is integrated with Excel which makes the use of it extremely easy Excellent video tutorials are provided to guide you through what you need to do for your own data analysis

Cons:

More control on some of the omics tools will be a great addition to this software

Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sensory Evaluation in XLSTAT

Comments: Our group is responsible for a large number of sensory tests. XLSTAT makes it easy to turn these studies around quickly with the tables and charts it produces.

Pros:

XLSTAT makes multivariate analysis a snap. I have been a SAS user since 1982 and use it for some analysis where I need the detailed diagnostics. However, I try to utilize statistics packages that are easier to use when possible which makes it much simpler to instruct more junior scientists how to perform advanced analysis and XLSTAT is really good for this. I make it a practice to check any new statistical package against SAS results and XLSTAT passes with flying colors.

Cons:

The only problem I have encountered with XLSTAT is having EXCEL crash n occasion, though this may have more to do with how our IT department has configured our computers.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Undoubtedly one of the easiest tools for statistical analysis

Comments: With XLSTAT I can analyze my data without too much headache, it's the most accessible statistical software I've ever used.

Pros:

It's easy to understand and the fact that the data is already on the Excel sheet is just handy. No need for complicated formulas to get your results.

Cons:

I find the subscription price a bit expensive.

siti musliha
student in Malaysia
Sports, Self Employed

THE BEST EVER XLSTAT

Comments: XLSTAT help me solving analysis for my PHD thesis that concentrated in talent identification in sports. Machine learning is the best part i found in XLSTAT. Since the application of machine learning in sports is very new, XLSTAT make me easier to run the data and interpret it. Thanks XLSTAT!

Pros:

XLSTAT has provided fully solution for my PHD thesis especially in pre-processing procedure, data analysis and visually describe my result beautifully. Besides, proper explanation in each output is really helpful so that my interpretation in writing became easier. In addition, i can found the tutorial for every analysis i needed easily.

Cons:

i try very hard to find out the part that i like least about this software. but i cant found it. Sorry.

Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

A must in the field

Comments: I do clinical trials and lab data analysis (and quality control) and am happy with the overall performance. Cut and paste to the reports is easy. Fine tool.

Pros:

First, it is not based on an enormous statistical package and the articulation with Excel is most of the time excellent. Second it is very reliable and easy to use (at least if you are a little bit familiar with the field). Third, it does many things and some versions are very complete, enough to satisfy in most cases all your needs. Fourth, you'll find very specialised analysis or tests beside the common ones. Fifth, the value for money is excellent and the accompanying doc is extensive.

Cons:

Well, some repetitive analysis are boring, but it does the job.

Emma
Research Associate/Lecturer in US
Research, 10,000+ Employees

Great stats program that integrates nicely with Excel

Comments: Excellent. Particularly the customer service - they are responsive in a way that is rare in this day and age!

Pros:

I use this software for statistical analyses for all my research and publications; it is easy to use right 'out of the box', has the functionality I need, and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons:

To access some features/types of analyses, you may need to purchase license upgrades. But, given how affordable the basic software is, this allows you to add only what you need (and not pay for a lot of features you will never use).

Dylan
System Administrator in Australia
Food Production, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great product

Pros:

As a system admin its a great app for us. Never fails, no hassle for the users and no service calls.

Cons:

The activation process causes a slight annoyance if a machine dies or a user leaves before we get to deactivate I haven't seen an easy way to deactivate the license but its a small gripe.

April
Student in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Lifesaver!!

Pros:

Xlsat has allowed me to analyze and predict data beyond any scope I have before. I thought I would not understand statistics but this software helped me become an A student!

Cons:

I’m still learning new things everyday that the software can do, it would be cool if there were links or small explanations as to what “regression”actually is for example.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Great features, easy to use

Comments: We can run all the complex statistical analyses very easily. A must have in our department!

Pros:

This software is powerful, yet very easy to use. The user interface is very intuitive and user friendly. The "research" toolbar is also a great feature to quickly find the desired test. The online help centre and tutorials are also a great source of knowledge.

Cons:

Nothing really. If I had to pick something though, I would say that it is a shame that tools cannot be bought individually. Sometimes you just need one tool (i.e. Penalty analysis), but you need to buy the full package/module (i.e. the Sensory).

Chenguang
PhD candidate in Germany
Biotechnology, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A review on XLSTAT from a PhD candidate

Pros:

The ease of use; the instruction/manual on the website is very detailed; the technical support response me via email very quickly; the functions meet most of my daily statistical analysis requirement. Especially the power functions in sensory analysis module.

Cons:

I hope XLSTAT could develop more multivariate analysis functions, e.g. OPLS-DA, currently, only PLS-DA is available. In addition, it is also necessary to add cross-validation and permutation test of (O)PLS-DA. It would be great to offer more features regarding the plotting function.