• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.4/5
    4.6/5

About Daylite for Mac

For macOS & iOS. Keep track of clients, deals, and projects all in one place. Improve organization and team productivity.

Learn more about Daylite for Mac

Adrian C.
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"A fully featured and user productive CRM"

Comments: I have been using Daylite since v2 (now v6 and cloud based). It provides a wide CRM feature set and integrates aspects of project and time management. For small business operators that is really useful. What is particularly useful to me, is that it integrates so well with Mail - so many leads & communications come or go via email. Being able to link Contacts, Companies, Opportunities, Projects, Appointments - and capturing that connectivity in my CRM is really useful. Having work with a Salesforce implementation where capturing email traffic and info was never as comprehensive - Daylite is a pleasure to use. There are a range of readily available and easily installable developer add-ons (e.g. www.iosxper.biz and www.puremac.com.au). They add additional features (e.g. multi-currency invoicing, productivity enhancements, Kanban boards), integrations (e.g. online diary publication & management, email campaigns, phone integrations, messaging, web conferencing) and improved reporting. My only real frustration is the inability to create customised views and reports across objects - without developers assistance. While the layered stack architecture will allow enormous customisation - you really need a coders help. Having said that, for 85% of what I do, I can survive for now and as my new business grows and scales, I know there is a solution to my needs. Overall I am a Daylite addict and evangelist!

Pros: Awesome user interface, integration into MacOS environment (e.g. Mail), layered architecture allows for integration and customisation, loyal developer ecosystem and low cost per user. Do not underestimate the value of the Daylite Mail Integration - so much of my communications and lead acquisition is via referral and via email - getting data quickly and consistently into any CRM is essential to its adaption. There are iOS/iPad OS apps - not a desktop replacement but great for road warriors to keep the communication channels open or to make productive use of time when out of the office and between meetings.

Cons: Some highly technical limitations:
- No web browser access to a Cloud-hosted service - but the OSX and iOS apps are awesome!
- Limited "regular" user ability to create customised views and reports across multiple objects without developer engagement.
- Dependent upon Apple apps for integration with MS Exchange/Office365 - more limited in iOS version

Diense B.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2020

"Daylite Review"

Comments: Absolutely love the product. Marketcircle continues to update and revise the software. Would love if the developers came out with more detailed specifics for the Real Estate.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to enter data, fairly intuitive. Very easy to capture emails with mail integration.

Cons: It is difficult to create user reports, there are only a limited number of user defined text fields and date fields.

Hi Diense,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Daylite!

It's awesome to hear mail integration is helping you! We hear you on reports and custom fields - we've passed this along to our developers!

• Reviewed on 17/03/2020
Pj M.
Graphic Designer
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2018

"Daylite is Badly Designed"

Comments: Terrible

Pros: It doesn't seem to lose any data or break in a way that destroys the work that goes into it.

Cons: It is buggy, inconsistent, hard to use (and thus hard to teach to use), and, most of all, badly designed. It attempts to match a Mac app sort of feel by having things almost look and act like they do in a stock Mac app like Numbers, Preview, etc. But they fail in actually making it intuitive and useful. The most obvious example is the way it "pulls in" information from the left side of the window in a thing that I don't even know what to call, maybe it's a page? Anyway, these "pages" (for lack of a better word), stack and cover up everything below, and they are also temporary. This causes a few problems. First, you can't go back to the ones below without closing the ones on top, they go away and if you're trying to reference previous "pages" you keep having to go back and forth, sometimes between multiple layers of pages. It's extremely annoying and very unintuitive. There are plenty more examples of its design ineptitude, but I'll give 1 more: The way you edit the "pages" is to aim for a tiny little edit button on the very bottom of the sidebar. And your edits are not applied until you click "done" which appears in the same place. If you accidentally exit the "page", it loses all your edits. And it's waaaay too easy to accidentally exit a page. You should be able to open these "pages" in a new tab, or window, or anything else besides its current functionality.

by Marketcircle on 6/12/2018

Hi PJ,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with Daylite - we want all of our customers to see the value in Daylite, so we take feedback like this seriously.

We're glad that you know your data and any work you put into Daylite was safe; that's really important to us!

We're always trying to improve Daylite, so your comments about our design and user interface are very helpful. We have several resources like webinars, one-on-one Customer Success calls, and our Help Centre to make sure you're getting everything you can out of Daylite.

We'd love to have you join a call with our Customer Success team and one of our developers to go through anymore feedback you'd like to share - you can reach us here if you're interested: [email protected] Thank you for helping us continue to constantly improve Daylite!

• Reviewed on 5/12/2018
Benoit S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/05/2020

"Essential"

Comments: I used the software for over 5 years and I recently came back to it having started a company with a partner. It is perfect to centralize the information and keep everything transparence.

Pros: This software is like an assistant to me. Once out of my head, I know the information will come back at the right time reminding me what I have to do.

Cons: The app has a lot if limitation. The mail assistant is great, but complicated for answers on the go via the Iphone.

by Marketcircle on 11/06/2020

Hi Benoit, we're so glad Daylite is helpful and works as an assistant for you!

We know how much it helps to have everything in one place! Thank you for taking the time to review us :)

• Reviewed on 9/05/2020
Brian J.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Helps me to Get Things Done"

Comments: I am happy with the SW and how it helps me to get things done in a logical and efficient manner. It also allows me to get things "down on paper" so I do not have to remember them or worry about forgetting something. If you use David Allen's GTD philosophies, then you will like DayLite. I have also used Sugar, but found that focused too much on office-based users. I travel internationally 70-80% and need to be able to run my business from the back of a taxi, in the airplane and in my hotel room after a long day. DayLite does a good job of helping to do that efficiently and keeping my sanity.

Pros: It is relatively intuitive and easy to use. Also good for people with a mobile office set-up as it interacts well between iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Customer support is good, albeit only via email and chat.

Cons: It has some limitations and inflexibilities that sometimes frustrate me, or force me to use "old-fashioned" work-arounds, but I must also say that a number of these have been corrected over the years.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Media Production, Self Employed

"Improvement over time!"

Comments: I really like the Opportunities funnel - that I can keep top of mind who are all the potential clients and when I need to follow-up with them - and the way I can do a report of where they came from and how much business I won.

Pros: I love that I can access everything on my phone and my computer and it automatically syncs - that I can have all of my calendar appointments, tasks, clients, projects, opportunities and corresponding emails all in one place whenever I need it. I really couldn't live without this product. I rely on it for everything. Ever since it's been in the cloud, it's gotten much better, and they've really added a lot of features, and web seminars and more customer support.

Cons: It doesn't play well with others and integrate easily with other software - particularly with other calendar systems. When I want to invite my husband or son to personal family calendar appointments, it's many steps for them to accept a meeting. I wish they would fix that feature and also integrate with other apps and not have to use Zapier or multiple steps.

Michael N.
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"Best CRM for Mac Users"

Comments: I run everything on Daylite. I couldn’t imagine life without it

Pros: Love the clean look of Daylite, and I love how it connects things together. All the info I need is right there.

Cons: I haven’t found it brilliant for Sales Analysis, such as things like conversion ratios, value of projects / customers etc. But maybe I’m just not good enough with the software. Also not great for tracking time management.
The software is designed for Macs - great. But some of my colleagues need to run financial software and so have to use Windows machines. It would be great if they could use Daylite too - but they can’t. So we have to run multiple systems.

Hi Michael,

It's fantastic to hear you can't imagine life without Daylite, what a compliment!

We're passing along your feedback about Windows and more sales and time tracking functionality for our team to review as well! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Sharon L.
Information Services, Self Employed

"Love it"

Pros: I love that it works seamlessly with all my Apple technology. I don't have to log into anything special or remember to mark anything and yet all my important communications are logged automatically whether I'm communicating via mail or my iphone. I can add notes, add a picture of handwritten notes to contact records, easily schedule followup, and nurture series to contacts. People always remark how organized I am and that I never seem lose track of things, and that's due in part to how easy Daylite makes it easy to store info, schedule followup, and manage open projects.

Cons: It still needs some work to be robust in pipeline management, but that's balanced out by the fact that all my information is easily accessed.

Beth C.
Admin/Associate Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

"Daylite"

Pros: Daylite is user friendly with many customizable functions which suit our business well.
The task system keeps us on track and nothing gets lost in the shuffle. We also are utilizing the activity sets to create systems and projects for workflow.
Daylite will enable a new untrained employee to enter into our business and take care of our clients easily Some much information is captured and stored in a sensible manner, it creates a continuum of customer service.

Cons: At times, there are too many reminder boxes popping up on screen. It would be beneficial if we could like directly to the companies with who we do business, rather than logging on another screen.

Robert G.
Music Producer
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"An excellent product but incredible service"

Comments: It’s truly helped me take a unified approach to my tasks, projects, and communications

Pros: The customer support really treats this like a software that is integral to your business.

Cons: I think they could really benefit from exploring a Facebook integration to keep track of people I interact with on Facebook without a lengthy contact creation process for each person.

Christine H.
President: Broker/Owner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Dayite: Thirteen Years And Counting"

Pros: After a highly successful career in corporate IT, I completely switched gears and started a real estate business in 2007. Familiar with CRM for large corporate accounts, I wanted that same functionality in an affordable Mac-based small business solution. Thirteen years later, I am still a huge fan of Daylite. In addition to meeting those initial requirements, Daylite even included templates for real estate users. But better yet, I could, and still can, completely customize how I use the system. It has never failed me. The iOS additions are incredibly useful. And, as a sceptic of cloud-based solutions for security and client-confidentiality reasons, I was thrilled to see how Marketcircle handled their approach when moving to a subscription service. I have no concerns about data security issues and it makes syncing that much more seamless. Oh, and the integration with Mail is brilliant and keeps getting better. Really, this may seem obvious to some, but when you're legally required to maintain an audit trail of real estate transaction histories, what could be more efficient than a tool that captures mail, stores documents, allows me to create my own workflows, and then creates a report at the end that simply gets added to the transaction record? It's truly the best investment I've made in my business.

Cons: In the past there were some hiccups with adding attachments into the database, but this was quickly resolved.

Stephen P.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Terrific CRM for Professional Services Firms"

Comments: Keeping track of my external network is the most important element.

Pros: I work with professional services firms, such as financial, law, and accounting firms, and also practice law. I use Daylite for everything! The email assistant makes it super easy to file emails. More than just emails, though, is the ability to see a history of all communications. I also keep track of clients using Projects and love the flexibility of the platform. I looked at a lot of CRMs and have been "sold" on Daylite since I started using it. Also, very good support help and excellent video tutorials.

Cons: Because it is very robust, it can at first appear intimidating. But the setup is so logical that it quickly becomes easy to use. And it is very customizable, especially useful when using Smart Lists. I'd like to see better reporting features, but beyond that, it's comprehensive.

Michelle R.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Daylite is my Command Central"

Comments: I am able to provide a variety of design services with different workflows to my clients. I use it to manage my solo business, so Daylite is my only "assistant", so with my pipelines and activity sets established, it tells me what to do and when to do it. I am vigilant about my Daylite meeting time, and it helps me establish the goals for the week in manageable bites. The more detailed I am in the set up of my pipelines, the more effective Daylite is in helping me manage projects. All the linking features make it easy to get a snapshot of my jobs including emails, tasks, goals, key players.

Pros: I love that I can use project management, task management, contact management and scheduling all in one. I also love the linking capabilities and its interface with my emails. I can go through email and assign every email to a project, task and determine a date to accomplish the task. I use the pipelines and activity sets to get better and better at my workflows. The longer I use and develop daylite to fit my work, the better I get at my job and my ability to replicate successful projects.

Cons: The downsides occurred in the beginning when I had to learn the platform and spend time setting it up. It took a while and several tries before it caught on. Once I learned it and a lot of the nuances, I got to a point where I am afraid I could not live with out it. I am sure there are features I don't use or know about, so I appreciate that Daylite support is proactive about training with the informative videos and support outreach. There have been some glitches here and there, but the customer support team has always helped work through those and get things on track.

by Marketcircle on 10/07/2019

Hi Michelle,

We're so glad to hear Daylite is making your life easier! Being able to link your emails and manage all of your projects with ease makes such a difference. Like most CRMs, we know Daylite does take some time to learn and it's great that our support team has been able to help you through the process!

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Minerals Engineer
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Powerful and highly customisable multi-function app, but subscription prohibitive for non-commercial"

Comments: 1. My primary contact list, especially for business associates and friends​ globally from my working life.
2. List of domestic service providers with all relevant data such as contact details, account numbers etc. I have created forms as records of vehicle and equipment maintenance. All these can be linked including receipts imported as pdfs.
3. Domestic and community project management where suppliers, venues, resources, tasks, schedules/pipelines and receipts are linked.

Pros: Almost infinitely customisable fields, keywords etc. for fast data search and smart lists.
A CRM database, with the added functions of project management and data forms.
Automatic copying of e-mails to companies and people​.
Ability to telephone from the app.
Ability to create templates and forms.
Linking of people, companies, tasks, correspondence​ and files such as receipts to a project, for example.
Not enough time to list all its amazing features!

Cons: Daylite is aimed at the corporate market. The switch to subscription service will sooner or later make it unaffordable for me as a retiree using Daylite for non-commercial personal and community projects. Marketcircle really should offer​ a lower cost version for personal use.
Because Daylite is so highly customisable, you need to have a very clear idea of what data you need and how you will use it before starting. However, once you have it set-up to your liking it is intuitive and simple with the aid of templates and forms etc.

by Marketcircle on 5/12/2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

It's great to hear you value how customizable Daylite is. We're proud that it's simple to use yet really adaptive!

If you'd like, we'd love for you to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can go over pricing with you and find the best option.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Jeremy R.
Portrait Artist
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"My staff loves it. Business intelligence is severely lacking."

Comments: I want to love Daylite. If the reporting were more robust, I would be THRILLED to stick with it. But without reporting and analysis, it is more like a glorified Contact Manager, Appointment Calendar and Task List--which is why my staff loves it. Unfortunately, I need business intelligence, and Daylite doesn't provide that.

Pros: It lives on the Mac desktop, like a "real" business application; not on a browser where it is too easy to get distracted. Awesome. It works on Mac. Excellent. It takes some forethought to get it set up, but once set up it is flexible enough to handle unique needs. I initially loved that. Activity Sets automatically create Meetings and Tasks based on date (but there are huge problems, noted below). Daylite does an excellent job of tracking individual events for each Person.

Cons: While Activity Sets do a good job of creating a series of upcoming Meetings and Tasks, Daylite has no idea that these "events" must exist in series. A meeting is a meeting is a meeting and a Task is a Task is a Task. This makes reporting next to impossible... Daylite cannot generate a report of how many People made it to one Meeting, but not to the next Meeting. It cannot tell me how many Phone Calls (each entered as a separate Task), for example, were made to a Lead before they came in for that first meeting. Daylite uses Categories to keep track of People. A Person might begin with a category of 'Lead', then change to a category of 'Client', then have category 'Completed'. (We actually had 5 primary categories, each with subcategories to help us understand each client) The problem is that there is no history. Reporting, again, is nearly impossible: Daylite can give raw counts: How many People were added in the last 7 days? How many Leads do we now have? Etc. But these reports are a snapshot of current data. Once a Person moves to the next Category, I can no longer get an accurate report of: How many new leads were added last week? What is our conversion ratio? How long did they exist as Leads? The Report Module is very limited. Custom Reporting is available but requires a 3rd party programmer. Piplelines proved too clunky.

by Marketcircle on 20/11/2018

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you being a long time Daylite customer and your detailed review. We have discussed your feedback and using it to consider how to improve Daylite.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Alan M.
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"Fabulous CRM for B2B B2C & Recurring"

Comments: Already described

Pros: Daylite doesn't seem to differentiate between B2B or B2C. You can add appointments, tasks, notes, email, pipelines, etc to people, or businesses. You can add single tasks, activity sets (groups of tasks, appointments etc) or pipelines (stages with groups of tasks, appointments etc. within each stage). Whether you are managing a sales cycle or a project, data entry is minimal. I love that with one click, all our carefully considered steps can be applied to any situation, whether it's a sales cycle or the projects that result from a sale. Combinations are possible and I'm confident that no step is overlooked or omitted and they pop up at exactly the right time. Customization of the task list or pipeline task set is also possible "on the fly". Their service is unbelievable. I haven't had a lot of interaction with Daylite support over the 12 years I've been using Daylite, but the followup I recently received for questions I had offered service at a level to which I would like to become accustomed! I had support sending me emails some days later asking if everything was okay - not an automated survey question, but someone in support that actually cares! When do you ever get that level of service? A big thank you!

Cons: I don't use Opportunities for prospects since it's not possible to convert an Opportunity (and everything recorded & saved) to a Contact. I set up any prospect as a full contact then tag them with a category of Prospect. I then set up a smart list that displays all contacts that have a category of Prospects. Also, it would be great if PC users could access Daylite too. Not everyone on the team uses a Mac.

by Marketcircle on 19/03/2018

Thank you Alan for your wonderful review of Daylite.

We are excited to hear how you use Daylite so extensively to manage your business. It's great to hear how our customers use Daylite. May you continue to win more business and get more done!

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
David K.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"VERY Responsive Support for a Great Product"

Comments: It's the most fully integrated software that allows me to manage all aspects of my business (less accounting). I love the integrated functions of; Calendar, Task Management, Project Management, Sales Opportunity Tracking, Data collection and analysis, robust Contact Management. These features, combined with the email integration piece, allows me to quickly turn an email into a; Task, Calendar event, note, idea, or just save to an associated project, opportunity, company or individual file. Daylite is an indispensable part of my day and essential to running and growing my business.

Pros: Daylite allows me to integrate all aspects of my day into two portals (email & Daylite). Daylite email integration, combined with (Calendar, Tasks, Team, Projects, Opportunities, Forms, et al) allows me to work inside one interface for all my needs. The email integration is my favorite piece. I can action any email for a thought, idea, task, appointment, note and numerous other uses, without having to copy/paste, forward or otherwise transfer information. Instead of managing multiple softwares (Outlook, Project, Sales Force, etc) I can follow pipelines, workflows, activity sets, and send merged mailings all from one portal, tracked to each person or company. I am a HUGE Fan.

Cons: The only functionality I could ask for is to integrate an email app into Daylite which would make the process complete. Other than that, Daylite Cloud has been indispensable to running my business, managing my team, and growing revenue.

by Marketcircle on 22/02/2018

Thank you David for your wonderful review of Daylite!

We're very happy to know that Daylite helps you run your business and your team, while growing your revenue!

Thank you for sharing David. :)

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Barry D.
Freedom Leader; Master of Peaceful Governance
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2018

"My Seasoned Love Affair With Daylite!"

Comments: Phenomenal control over all my data, commitments, opportunities, and projects. I now excel at staying on top of my commitments. Fewer things on my mind due to Daylite's automation features. I manage both my business and family life with Daylite an integrated solution for information management.

Pros: When I realized my peace, sanity, and time were worth protecting and was fed up with complaining to my wife about a piece of garbage software I was currently using, I did not have a solution to replace it with. I had no knowledge about Marketcircle's Daylite. It wasn't until I threw the gauntlet down that there had to be something for the Mac that was serious for running my small business did I discover my new-found love. I have scars from using other programs. That’s how bloody it got, how costly. But for a precious fraction of the cost with Daylite, I have peace like a river flowing out of my personal and professional commitments. I am in control. Thank you, Marketcircle! This year marks my 11th anniversary with my new love, Daylite. She has been so good to me. She is flexible, customizable, expandable, able to take on new tasks and projects without fuss. It's been a peaceful 11 years since our new relationship began, and God forbid that I would do anything intentionally to harm that relationship. It wasn't long after being introduced to Daylite that her hidden capabilities came into view. The more time I spent with her, the more I became grateful for her creator. "You mean this company fosters feedback from the experience I am having with their prize creation? You mean I can have a hand in the engineering enhancements beyond what she is doing for me today? This is phenomenal!”

Cons: When I select an object and create "New Appointment" from that object, the title field for the Appointment should automatically be populated. Phone support, when needed, would upgrade Marketcircle on par with companies of excellence like Apple, Bluehost, and Cannon. There's always room for improvement in service to the customer.

by Marketcircle on 5/02/2018

Thank you Barry for your love for Daylite! :)

We are super happy that Daylite provided you peace and sanity in running your small business.

Happy 11th anniversary Barry!

• Reviewed on 3/02/2018
Michael W.
Agile Software Coach
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Daylite supports me to work how I think, natively on my Apple devices, convenient+safe in the cloud"

Comments: * Contact and Calendar on steroids! Rich linking to capture the rich relationships that really exist in the real world.
* Project/task management
* Opportunity management for an extended job search. This could not have happened via a spreadsheet, contrary to job coach advice. A job search is too rich to be 2-dimensional.
* Native Apple look-and-feel, and UX.
* Tracking multiple opportunities in my job search pipeline.
* Integration to email. It just fits in the tools I use every day.

Pros: Rich linking -- My ADHD mind isn't deficient in attention - it makes rich connections. Daylite allows me to do that, too. If I think an association is important to capture, Daylite lets me do that. Many other CRM's force an association model on me. I like it that Daylite allows me to make the associations that make sense for me because it let's me later view different perspectives of those links -- everything (yes, everything) that's relevant to a person, an appointment, a note, an opportunity. If I think that's an important as it's top-of-mind, I capture that relationship for later use. Integrated with native Mail.app -- It's great to link mail to sales opportunities (and people, and tasks and appointment, and projects) all without leaving mail. Then, when I'm back in DL, all that mail shows up when it's relevant. I don't have to go searching through INBOX. Customer service -- World class. I wouldn't doubt if I were in the top 1% of customers requesting support. I've contacted them A LOT! I always get personal, courteous, expert responses. That's rare. I value that deeply. Apple first -- The interface does not make concessions to Windows look-and-feel or UX. Yeah! As an Apple-only user, that suits my thinking and muscle memory just fine! Underdogs -- I feel like I'm part of a movement -- an all-apple CRM that kicks butt for usability and productivity.

Cons: * Beyond-expert-level features and keybindings. Marketcircle is small, and doesn't (yet) have the customer base to get to the kinds of features that my power-user toolsmith mindset would want. For example, some actions require use of a mouse, and I'm a HUGE fan of keeping my fast fingers on the keyboard. That's a nit to pick, but it's the kind of detail that comes from a larger customer base. Missing - a browser-based (or API) interface -- There are some times that I just don't have my phone or MacBook with me. It would be nice to use any-old-browser. Ah... the tradeoffs for being tightly coupled to Apple-only devices (BTW... See "pros" for same issue).

by Marketcircle on 29/08/2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
Tuey C.
Chief Creative Thinker, CMM
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2017

"Daylite has transformed the way we work, helped us to close more business and better manage projects"

Comments: Please read my survey results that I just submitted as it answers this question in depth.

Pros: Daylite is robust but not overly complicated. The customization aspect is excellent. Our team loves using it for a myriad of reasons including - customization of reports, the plugins from IOSxpert - they are fantastic(!), the mobile version on iphone is completely wired in an user friendly, the new team-view features are superb as we are all able to help deliver on tasks and projects when it counts, the user interface is very clean and organized, the calendar integration with iCal and Google is excellent, the smart lists for projects and opportunities are totally functional and help speed up large scale project accessability while connecting team members...and the list goes on. I particularly like the option of dragging up the most pressing opportunities and project to the top tool bar and having them right at my fingertips. We also integrate Merlin Project into the larger projects and it's compatibility is excellent. There is a bit of learning curve but once our team took the time to dig in and get under the hood of the cross functionality, it only made our project management easier. In fact, I would say that through Daylite, we have come to sell our project management skills and realize this vertical as a profit center for our small company. Honestly, Daylite is a game-changer. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and we look forward to continued roll-outs and developments.

Cons: Need to continue improving Apple mail to Daylite and it would be great to have a slack-like messaging component. Probably the biggest 'want' is the ability to output to word and excel in some capacity. Daylite will output to excel in a very limited fashion - it works, but it could be smoother. I realize that this 'ask' would probably require licensing from Microsoft in some capacity and it may be cost prohibitive. Otherwise, Daylite is a fantastic platform for Apple shops. We have been using it since 2012.

by Marketcircle on 14/06/2017

Thank you so much Tuey for your love of Daylite. We will pass your feedback to our Design and Development team.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2017
Jason G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2016

"Best Mac CRM available"

Comments: My use case: small consulting firm that has been in business for 3 years. We use Daylite for customer relationship management, project & task management, calendar/resource management, as an applicant tracking system for our executive recruitment line of business, opportunity tracking, correspondence, etc. Prior to using Daylite, we ran the Salesforce platform and if you are willing to commit to the Apple/Mac ecosystem, Daylite is simply so much better than anything else that we have tried for the variety of tasks above. Not only was our previous solution almost 3x the cost, it was much more difficult to use, to customize, and to generate employee buy-in to actually use the system. Because this is a Mac-only product, it integrates extremely well and any Mac user will find it very intuitive. The data is in the cloud, but the application sits on my machine. This allows for the excellent reliability and off-line usability of a desktop application with the security, standardization, and data-recovery benefits of the cloud. Obviously, because it is Mac-only, I can't get a seat for one of my partners/contractors unless either they or I am willing to invest to get them into the Apple ecosystem. Not a problem internally for my company, but it is a limitation that can best be described as the blessing and curse of Daylite. I am certain that if it was a web-based or cross-platform software, it would not integrate as tightly and there would be more performance issues. Its not something that I consider a fatal flaw as I am fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, but is a limitation for scalability. In the few instances where I have had a support issue come up, I'd place MarketCircle's support team right at the top of software support teams that I have ever dealt with. They spend the time necessary to understand the problem, find the solution, and communicate fully and quickly. What more can you ask for? If you are looking for a small/medium-sized business CRM that (for my use case) far exceeds the usability and functionality of Salesforce at a fraction of the cost, and you are committed the the Apple ecosystem, I cannot recommend Daylite highly enough.

Pros: It is tightly integrated with Apple hardware and software, so it just works the way that you need and expect it to. This is a truly full-featured CRM/project management system/opportunity tracking system that is capable of the configurations, customizations, and integrations of systems that cost 3-4 times as much.

Cons: The blessing and the curse is that it is Mac-only. That makes it able to work as well as you'd expect a native Mac app to work, but it obviously limits your hardware choice and eliminates the possibility of sharing the CRM cross-platform. The performance and stability gains are well worth it in my opinion, but it is nonetheless a limitation.

by Marketcircle on 28/12/2016

Thank you so much for your review, Jason :)

• Reviewed on 23/12/2016
Elaine T.
Production Consultant
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2017

"The best project management app I have been able to find. I don't think another, as good, exists."

Comments: Without this software it would be a great deal harder to control each of the projects I work on. Every project has a different client base and different suppliers, all of whom can be input into the system. It's the control over information that gives peace of mind.

Pros: Daylite makes it very easy to track every project on my desk. I am a one woman company, working on a number of projects at any one given time and it could so easily be chaos without Daylite. Being able to view emails and documents within projects, as well as the ability to add notes is essential. Since I moved to a Cloud account it has been even better. Very reliable and easy to keep up to date while on the move. There is a lot that is customisable of which I only use a small amount, however that may change as I make use of the tutorials available. The calendar syncs across with ease and the 'Home' page is an essential tool, giving a clear view of the days appointments and tasks. Much of the software is customisable.

Cons: I am always seeking ways to work 'smarter' and thus save time. I would love it if there was a little more functionality so that I could input information on the Project page that would automatically populate a custom sheet in, say, reports. That would save me a huge amount of time. Being able to see the status of all projects and project history on one page would certainly be helpful to me.

by Marketcircle on 14/08/2017

Thank you Elaine for your review. I will email you for there is a way to see all your projects in one view.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2017
Gary M.
REALTOR®
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Daylite is the Back Bone"

Comments: There are many Real Estate CRM offerings but most are just tracking how many times a client connection is made and using predesigned templates that often look and feel like exactly what they are - computer generated communications that are have a high probability of being filtered into junk mail. These programs are expensive if one looks at what they provide versus Daylite and as we know having multiple tracking programs and calendars is is not good time management and results in habits not being formed to ensure success. Daylite is the best CRM I have used since these types of programs came into being.

Pros: I can capture client data and then track sales progress, email and other communications to ensure I provide the best service to my customers.

Cons: Taking the time to maximize my use of forms and other templates that could improve my productivity

James D.
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2018

"The perfect Mac CRM program."

Comments: While I am glad to see a Mac-compatible product, I really wish that it was available for PC users. As someone who uses a Mac for a laptop and a PC as a desktop, it can get a little annoying to have to bring out my Mac to use it. I have seen a lot of people complain that you cannot use Daylite with other email clients, I know you can use Gmail with Mail. I have not tried connecting my Gmail with Mail, but I would imagine that once you have it connected, Daylite will work with those as well.

Pros: Well, the best part of Daylite is its integration with my Mac’s Mail app. There are a lot of products that leave out Mac users, but Daylite works perfectly with my High Sierra machine. I love that I can create a calendar entry for things that I have to do that are mentioned in my emails. The ability to track future sales helps us keep up to date on how we are meeting our company’s goals. Not only is it very easy to use, but it also has a mobile app that syncs with the program.

Cons: The price has to be the biggest con for me. It is rather steep when compared to other CRM programs, especially when you start to add users. While I am personally glad that there is finally a Mac CRM program, as someone who also uses a PC, I find that it’s a little frustrating to have to pull out my Macbook every time that I needed to use the program. I would also like to see an option for more storage, especially for the cost of the program.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2018
Gary S.
Consultant Commercial Manager
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2019

"Intuitive and immensely powerful"

Comments: Early days with my first project (client) but having hosted a team workshop day to document (flipcharts and post-it notes) the end to end sales process (headline Stages and the detailed tasks/deliverables within each stage), I’m now developing and fine tuning Pipelines for Opportunties and Projects (including a Lost opportunities Pipeline) to help streamline the processes to help the business deliver more efficiently and at higher volume. I can see Sales Assistant high on the agenda in due course ... but one step at a time for now!

Pros: Having worked in a large Uk Plc for over 30 years, I have seen many iterations of different CRM systems come and go, each one promising to be better than the last... unfortunately, many never delivering on the promise we were sold as front line users and eventually falling into disuse. Now self employed as a consultant, I have been introduced to Daylite for the first time working with a small business that wants to grow; it has the capacity with orders, but is constrained by internal expertise and resource. At every step of my learning so far with Daylite, I have not yet failed to be impressed with the immense power contained within Daylite to automate, support and streamline the sales management process. I am now working very closely with my first client SME to develop fuller use of Daylite in their business using Pipelines and Forms to enable improved productivity and therefore sales growth from the same resource (to begin with) and the intuitive operation of the system should make this very easy and rewarding on all fronts. The online video tutorials are excellent and willingness of the software team to support and answer queries, first rate.

Cons: Not a lot to be honest, but I’m still learning!

by Marketcircle on 23/05/2019

Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for this feedback! We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience so far.

Daylite really is packed with a lot of power and features and it's great to hear you're getting value out of this flexibility! We know how important having a streamlined sales process is so we love hearing you're already taking advantage of Pipelines!

• Reviewed on 4/05/2019