15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Findmyshift

Create and share staff rosters anywhere, any time in any browser. Our drag & drop scheduler is as easy as working with a spreadsheet.

Learn more about Findmyshift

Pros:

Easy to navigate and the app is very useful for the entire team.

Cons:

At a company where I have to get authorisation and wait to use a company card to pay for an extension, it becomes a hassle.

Findmyshift ratings

4.5
4.4
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

Findmyshift has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,020 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Findmyshift before?

Filter reviews (1,020)

Mathieu
Mathieu
CEO in Switzerland
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Great tool to plan your shift for your team

Pros:

Easy to plan shift, easy to see your shift and your team can clock in clock out in 1 go

Cons:

You can not change your shift on mobile, you can only see it

Dylan
Medical Services Operations Manager in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Medical Services - Reveiw

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent system and enjoy using findmyshift.

Pros:

more efficient the excel spreadsheets, plus has excel functionality. Shift reminders are very helpful and useful. Staff management and schedueling.

Cons:

unable to add phone numbers or other details when adding staff members. Limited number of staff that can be added. Printing sizes cannot be adjusted which can affect scale for print out versions.

Sarah
Operations Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Basic and serviceable rota system

Comments: Overall, I find the entire system to be challenging, both for the company and the employee.

Pros:

The customer service is super quick to respond via chat and is always a person, which is very helpful. Usually they can resolve the issue or I can figure out quickly that it's not possible to resolve the issue due to the limitations of the platform. It's also inexpensive compared to other rota systems we've looked at, so I suppose I would say it's value for money. However, I believe you are paying for what you get - a very basic and clunky rota system that is serviceable but not necessarily quality.

Cons:

The pros listed above are the only two things I like about FMS, so that basically means the cons are everything else. I don't find it to be user friendly for the employee - meaning it is difficult to see your shift pattern, apply for available shifts. The mobile app is unusable and we have to tell employees to use the desktop site at all times, which many find annoying. There's also no way to advertise available shifts in the facility view, only via staff view which I find very strange. We don't use it for timekeeping because there's no function for staff to 'check in' like on other rota systems. We also can't use it for payroll because we have staff working at more than one pay rate, and to adjust this and make exceptions has to be done staff member by staff member. Perhaps it's not only FMS's limitations but the way we build our rota system - I will be upfront that I did not built the rota system, rather inherited it from previous managers.

Gurpreet
Partner in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Good software overall but not getting regular updates

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great product minimum issues, but UI is old and new features non existant.

Pros:

Familiarity, solves 80% of my issues. We use time clock, scheduling, time off management, and some basic reporting.

Cons:

No regular updates, we have been on this system for 4 years and now it has started to look old compared to more contemporary softwares.

Peter
Director of Clinical and Commercial Services. in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Remote clinical team management

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very positive as it enables rapid adjustment and excellent visibility to staff and management.

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to make and communicate real time adjustments.

Cons:

No issues to be honest - the real time access and ability to cut and paste meets our requirements.

Tom
Senior Manager, IT in Hong Kong
Veterinary, 201–500 Employees

Instant Staff Scheduling for all in a single platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Everyone can access his or her rosters in real time. Ability to request changes and apply leaves as well as supervisors to plan staff scheduling.

Cons:

The initial setup is a bit confusing when understanding of the rota and timesheets. Work efficiency will be increased once get familiar with the UI and logic.

Sam
Office Manager in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great, simple, intuitive product.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very user friendly for the staff who use the app. Transition from a paperbased system to an electronic system was very easy. The reports function is useful and being able to export everything to a CSV is very useful for management.

Pros:

Being able to import data such as staff details. Customisation of staff fields. Flexible and customisable security options.

Cons:

Holiday hours not included in weekly/daily totals. Overlap of time off with shifts can cause problems. Needs a custom rate for Holiday hours rather than picking up the rate from the Rate Exceptions list.

Brittany
Aquatic Trainer in New Zealand
Recreational Facilities & Services, 201–500 Employees

Moana Pool

Pros:

Customisability and the ability for staff to see their schedules. And that we can easily change shifts for flexibility as we often have changes

Cons:

We would like to be able to separate departments a bit better. it is nice that we can put the facility under their shift. but for ease of access, it'd be nice to be able to separate staff into separate lists so separate team leaders can see their staff in a concise list. but some staff work in multiple departments

Bernadette
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Highly recommend - straightforward software, full schedules available at a glance

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: As a manager, Findmyshift has simplified rota compilatation, wages calculations and has provided staff with a very easy to use tool to view their schedules weeks in advance

Pros:

Easy to use for both staff and management. Everything in one place and all staff schedules instantly visible. Very useful for working out monthly wages.

Cons:

I have found no cons when using Findmyshift, nor have my staff

Nicky
Nicky
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Reliable, cost-effective rota planning tool

Pros:

Simple to use and cost effective scheduler that can be accessed from any device.

Cons:

Can be somewhat time consuming - universal shift updates would be useful.

Jennifer
Logistics Coordinator in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

The easiest, most convenient real time scheduler

Comments: We were using Excel which was hard to set up in a visually pleasing and functional way. With FMS, all I have to do is fill in the schedule, publish and send it off through one easy platform

Pros:

Probably the way copy, cut and paste work just like Excel. Another favorite is how I can filter by departments and it groups employees together based on their job functions. That makes it so easy to use!

Cons:

I don't like hitting the back button when I'm looking at 10 weeks at a time because all I really wanted to see was last week and it throws you all the way back to the beginning of the last 20 weeks

Julie
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Easiest system to use and set up

Comments: Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past).
Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

Pros:

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded. Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day. Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other. Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

Cons:

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review, Julie!

brenda
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best addition to any business !

Comments: We have used Fingerpick My Shift for several years, no hesitation to keep renewing.

Pros:

Love the ease of scheduling shifts and for staff to request leave. Permissions allow you to streamline your scheduling options to your company needs.

Cons:

No consolidation in reports in the hours section. When entering information into the notes section in employee details, when you update profile the information can sometimes disappear from the notes.

Jerome
Manager in Ireland
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Hannah Marys Shop

Pros:

The fact that it is so user friendly and easy to access on the go and out of the office with the app!

Cons:

It would be great if there was a feature that you could block off days so that employees cant book them off!

Olugbenga
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Over all view

Comments: The experience has been fantastic, it has help us utilise our time in other area.

Pros:

The fact that all staff and the management team are able to communicate through the platform hence saving us a lot of time.

Cons:

Clocking in and out still pose an issue for us, but with the help of your department, i think we can resolve it.

Cal
Deputy Manager in UK

Best value for money scheduling app out there! Simple but has all the features you need.

Comments: More efficient scheduling (than using Excel spreadsheets) - cost saving
Easy to manage staff requests, holiday and time off

Pros:

We have been using findmyshift for scheduling in our business (hostel, 30 employees) for a year now - having previously only used excel spreadsheets for our rota. This software has helped us schedule more accurately according to our business level which helped us save hours as well as relieving our team during the busier periods. It's use is very straightforward and does pretty much anything you need it to with a bit of fiddling. The customer support team are very quick to respond to your queries with a live chat as well. On top of that it is pretty much the cheapest in it's category (compared to Deputy or WhenIWork) although it might not look as snazzy or have all the functionalities these have. We will definitely be continuing to use this software for the next year. Can also connect to your google cal or ical which helped me personally organise my life better :)

Cons:

It is a bit fiddly at times, and does seem more catered towards office businesses (9 to 6, Monday to Friday) than a 24 hours, 7 day a week business like ours. The app (for phones, Android and Apple) is a great plus but could be improved upon - The way the shifts are displayed is not super clear, the filter is hit & miss, and how you navigate the app is not the best.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review Cal!

Christopher
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

A well laid-out rota

Pros:

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

Cons:

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted. I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave. Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Julie
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Changing our Rota System

Comments: Findmyshift has completely changed the way we plan for staffing events. It has been simple enough for even our most IT-wary volunteers to take part in. The messaging feature allows me to tell all staff about sudden changes or announcements.

Pros:

I wanted a system that was accessible to staff but which also let me budget for each event, as this was an area where we had historically overspent. It also helps me track holidays and time in lieu, which was almost impossible in our old system. It also lets me check staff availability way ahead without having to resort to complicated texts / whats app groups and emails. I have now introduced our volunteers to it and time sheets which will again save so much time and money.

Cons:

I have not yet learned how to clarify on booking a staff member on which pay rate they are on. Eg staff are standard rate or Duty manager rate for that shift. It is in the back under pay, but I don't know how to clarify what they are on for that particular shift which in turn makes it not work for payroll.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Julie! It sounds like you need to set up some "pay rate exceptions" for your staff members, either individually or globally, but get in touch with our support team and we can walk you through it over the phone or via live chat.

Leonora
Owner in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Rota Management

Comments: Makes life much easier - really enjoy how simple it is to use and that it links with Slack which we use daily also

Pros:

This software is incredibly easy to use and my favourite function is the ability to delegate facility areas so we can clearly see which departments the staff are working in. With two sites and a variety of different but equally important job roles this makes life simple.

Cons:

I would like time off requests to be easier for staff to use.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Leonora! Time off requests are now possible through the app, so your staff should find the process easier than having to log in to the desktop site.

Richard
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Just right for us

Comments: We schedule multiple jobs at multiple sites with multiple staff on a daily basis, that also changes on a daily basis. This software allows us to view multiple locations and 'who is where' each day, whilst instantly notifying each member of staff and syncing with their own calendar automatically. This dramatically reduces the amount of time scheduling jobs and we also put purchase order information onto each staff members daily booking, making cross referencing of invoices much quicker. We have been using this software for our business for several years now and it quite simply just does its job, and does it well!

Pros:

We love the fact that you can add as many staff as necessary without paying per person, particularly as we use a wide database of freelance contractors, so we have may only use some of them on rare occasions yet we don't have to continually pay just to have their name sitting in the app.

Cons:

The fact that you can't zoom in and out whilst viewing the calendar to be able to see several weeks at a time on screen.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review Richard! To zoom in and out, press CTRL - and CTRL +. I hope this helps!

Trilby
Manager in Hong Kong
Veterinary, 11–50 Employees

Invaluable tool for a small business

Comments: We have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential.
As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.

Pros:

It's easy to use and has a lot of functions

Cons:

I wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

7 years ago

Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Helen
Trainee Dispensing Optician in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Good overall use for staff

Pros:

mobile access for staff. recording of staff holidays.

Cons:

Would be helpful if there was a function that when making an amendment to someones shift it gives the option to map this change across the rota. Currently have to do it manually. also for staff to end holiday request it won't work form the app they have to use the desktop site

Celestine
Head of House in UK
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Good starting point

Comments: Overall it is a huge improvement on our old excel based rota and the fact that it is web based makes it much easier to access information.

Pros:

This software has allowed us to setup bespoke shifts for each of our boarding houses which is brilliant as we do have slightly different shift timings depending on the age of the students in house.

Cons:

It does not allow you to setup a generic shift pattern. If you could do this for a year then you would just copy and paste and adjust to allow for the slight differences in timings. When you are adding staff to a shift in a particular house it shows all staff in the organisation. If you have filtered to show only one house in "house view" you should only see staff who are allocated to that specific house. When you print out a rota it is difficult to set the filter times so that you can see a whole year which for us would be very useful.

Sam
Activities Manager in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Mount Batten Centre, Plymouth, UK

Comments: One of the key problems we are solving is integrating multiple rotas across a multi-site operation, providing managers with clear overviews of the staffing situation, casual staff can be updated remotely and easily, and crucially its helping improve our staffing efficiency through forecasting and holistic planning

Pros:

Find My Shift is a very intuitive, easy-to-use staffing scheduling app, that has been very well received across all of our management team and workforce teams. It offers a dynamic and flexible approach that we need as an evolving tourism business by enabling managers to co-ordinate teams, staff to input fairly and for duty supervisors to have an holistic overview. The mobile app is excellent and very useful for casual staff

Cons:

we've not had any major issues, any niggles have been dealt with seamlessly by Findmyshift customer services

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Sam!

Shelley
Duty Manager in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

FMS review Oct 23

Comments: ease of rota planning and schedulingcentral place to hold staff pay detailswould like an easier way to run a payroll

Pros:

Rota scheduling & timesheeting is essential to our business the tool is generally easy to use, but has some odd functionality issues that could be improved.

Cons:

there is no integration technically to, for example, our payroll. this is therefore a manually intensive process - better calculations for holiday and sick pay rates would be a godsend for the hospitality industry who pay hourly rates and therefore holiday and sick pay has to be manually calculated every month - tedious