15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

They have a really strange billing system that is designed in such a way that it sucks money out of you.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 16,896 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (16,896)

Vikas
Vikas
Product Marketing Manager in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A tool with seamless features

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, a definitely good-to-have tool if you do a lot of internal and external email campaigns. The learning curve is pretty narrow and can be operated by anyone.

Pros:

1. The new campaign builder is more robust and quicker. 2. Schedule features like time warp can help you get more opens and clicks 3. Audience and campaign feature is seamless and fast. 4. Drip and campaign setup feature can help you long campaigns on different conditions.

Cons:

1. HTML feature in content builder can be better, lack some basic HTML commands like center align, have to use padding for now. 2. Need a relatively better system, tends to hang on slow systems due to its browser consumption.

Akinyemi
Content Writer in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

MailChimp Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's so amazing. It's so amazing that I have adopted it as email marketing software of choice. I have kept recommending it to people.

Pros:

MailChimp is my one my best email marketing software. It's easy to use and beginner friendly. The overall interface is so great and easy to navigate. The labels and gatherings are exceptionally useful in keeping a data set for my customer base. I find the greeting pages ideal for running promotions on Facebook, Google, and so on. Having the option to make sections effectively is an incredible advantage.

Cons:

With my experiential knowledge of using MailChimp, it is almost impossible to equate other softwares with it when it comes to email marketing.

Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

Comments: I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros:

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons:

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Jake
CMO in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

This Tools Lasted Decades While Other's Haven't

Comments: Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others. Over all really like these guys as a company.

Pros:

It's good a really fun brand, and rich feature set built by developers that clearly had a vision for their products. For small businesses it does a lot of things so you don't have to worry about third party tools, but has a boat load of support for integration and tool support as your company scales/for larger orgs.

Cons:

Mailchimp has the same problem a lot of larger software services have run into. Their user base the server demand sometimes runs into performance swings. And their product stays mostly the same to keep old customers happy.

JR
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

A Good Starter Platform

Comments: Overall it is a great tool not the best but it can get the job done.

Pros:

Mailchimp is a great starter platform. If you are not deep into email marketing it is a very good entry point.

Cons:

You can outgrow it very quickly. I have migrated from MailChimp to other tools after hitting a certain level of volume.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great features and price

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Mailchimp is a familiar brand name that I trust. I’m happy with their product.

Pros:

I like that Mailchimp is easy to use and has a visually appealing dashboard. The cost is reasonable.

Cons:

More features would be great but I’m happy with what it provides for my size of business.

Chima
Founder in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Complete email marketing tool

Pros:

Works really well, although I should take more time to learn customisations and all that.

Cons:

Really expensive when compared to others that do the same thing like mailerlite

Artur
Artur
CEO in Brazil
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

User-Friendly but expensive in somes cases

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Mailchimp is highly appreciated for its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, robust automation, design tools, integrations, detailed analytics, scalability, extensive support resources, and a free plan for small businesses.

Cons:

The main drawbacks of Mailchimp include its high cost for larger lists, complexity of advanced features, limited customer support, restricted template customization, less detailed reporting, and costly list management due to duplicate subscribers.

Allyson
Technical lead in Germany
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Maximizing Reach with Mailchimp

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

When I want to send a newsletter, I just pick a template, customize it, and schedule it. Then, I can see how well it did with the analytics.

Cons:

I find Mailchimp's pricing can get expensive as my subscriber list grows.

Lais
CEO in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Pricey but great

5.0 last month New

Comments: Mailchimp has been great. It gave me all the tools I needed to manage my campaigns while selling my online courses and managing my audience and current students.

Pros:

Mailchimp is mostly user-friendly, and it tracks all the data I need to have control over which content is working or which is not.

Cons:

It starts to get expensive as your e-mail base grows, even though you may not be getting any return to cover the costs.

Motion Pictures & Film, 2–10 Employees

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

Comments: We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pros:

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Cons:

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Doru
Capability Manager in Romania
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Comments: Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros:

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons:

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary. Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Jacob
Jacob
Growth Marketing Manager in Israel
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Top Email Marketing Software

Comments: I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros:

- Easy to set up VERY quickly - WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use - They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc. - Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there - You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time) - It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons:

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

Eranga
IT Consultant in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Mailchimp Review

Comments: According to my opinion, the overall experience with Mailchimp is great. If they can resolve above issue I think this application will more great.

Pros:

In Mailchimp, they offer 2000 free mail sending capacity for beginners. It helps a lot who newly entire to the marketing carrier. Because of those, more people attracting to the Mailchimp and they continue with payments afterwards. And Mailchimp has the amazing inbuilt facility to design our customized email campaign template manually which other Softwares may not offer. That also attract people to use this application.

Cons:

Mailchimp disables the import facility once they detected the high bounce rate from the audience. In that case, people cannot import more emails to the current audience without using manual email adding. Because of that, there is a trend that people show less continuing. So as a solution, if Mailchimp can add a mail verifier part first and add the good once to the audience I think it will help to the users and user may lead to continue without left.

Ben
Director of Communications in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice

Comments: I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pros:

When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Cons:

With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc. With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

Stephanie
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

Comments: My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros:

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched. As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems. They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons:

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Joshua
Manager: Crisis Services in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Newsletters Made Easy

Comments: Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros:

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons:

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Henry
Henry
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

Comments: MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

Pros:

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them. MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy. Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered. MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

Cons:

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses. A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic. Data management tools are weak. Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

Dylan
Dylan
Operations Manager in Australia
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Solid program, but cost and introduction of subscription pricing made it unviable for us

Comments: We still have a positive perception of Mailchimp. It served us well over a long period and was low-stress and reasonably priced. However, as they changed direction with the software (and pricing) it no longer became appropriate for email newsletters only. There is probably tremendous value for those who want to take advantage of segments and the more CRM like features!

Pros:

Mailchimp is incredibly solid, the UI is familiar to many staff (so learning curve was slight), and they seemed to maintain high quality sending ip integrity (so open rates remained high). Other competitors we have tested over the years seemed more flexible with their sending quality, so we noticed sharp open-rate drops (even after warming up the list). Campaigns were easy to setup and it was relatively easy to set up attractive emails (or pull in templates from elsewhere). Reporting made sense, and it was useful to be able to track client engagement over time.

Cons:

We were very committed to Mailchimp over a long period (10+ years) but primarily for email newsletters. As the software developed, they continued to introduce more and more features, but in some ways this just complicated things for us. We used Mailchimp for infrequent mailouts to large mailing lists, and this worked well when they allowed you to buy adhoc credits. However, when they introduced subscription pricing only (arguably fair enough given all their new features) it made it entirely unviable to continue.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

A renewed classic

Comments: If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros:

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons:

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Georgiana
Owner in Belize
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Why get Mailchimp

Comments: Ovall I love it! and it helps my business grow a lot.

Pros:

Mailchimps helps to manage your business web. Mailchimp distribution is effortless and also provides transparency when used. It also captures your orders whenever you connect them to your business. The app helps to keep a tag on your account activity and is very safe. Mailchimp has all your orders and helps to keep you in touch. It also helps to create room for you to focus on your strategy. This app helps to track your orders and send notifications as well. All announcements for this app show what is happening and give you real-time reports about your business. This app makes making different orders easy because the data is easily exported. The fields also help keep your data organized and easily found.

Cons:

The only thing that I do not like is that some data goes in the Spam and I need to check it frequently.

Amy
Associate Director of Development in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201–500 Employees

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Pros:

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons:

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

ESTER
Marketing Manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training

Comments: MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pros:

I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups. Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard. MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'. You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time. Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Cons:

Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Construction, 11–50 Employees

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Pros:

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes. It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign. Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons:

Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

Peter John
Data entry in Philippines
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My experience using Mailchimp

Comments: A few years ago, I began using Mailchimp for my wedding photography business. My colleague and I both found it to be user-friendly, allowing us to easily plan marketing campaigns, send client follow-up emails and newsletters. We appreciated that Mailchimp notified us if our emails were opened within a certain timeframe. Additionally, we were given the option to resend emails that were not opened. Now, I also use Mailchimp for my personal blog. It simplifies the process since I already have a list of subscribers and can easily add new ones as it grows.

Pros:

Wow, Mailchimp is seriously amazing! It's incredibly user-friendly and perfect for freelancers or those just starting out with their own business or community. I've experimented with other mailing software in the past, but Mailchimp definitely stands out with its abundance of options on the free and starter accounts. With Mailchimp, you can easily segment your audience, set up automation, and the templates for all kinds of mailing campaigns are an absolute game-changer! Sending newsletters has never been easier, and I love being able to track the reading and opening rates as well as growing my subscriber list. Mailchimp is definitely a must-have tool for anyone looking to take their email marketing to the next level!

Cons:

This platform is a breeze to navigate once you get the hang of it, even if it may take a bit of time to grasp the interface and functionality at first. While the mobile app may not have an abundance of features, it still serves as a superb mailing alternative.