Mindflash Online Training Reviews

by Mindflash Technologies

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5

About Mindflash Online Training

Learn how leading mid size companies easily train their remote teams from anywhere in the world with Mindflash. See a free demo today!

Learn more about Mindflash Online Training

Showing 25 reviews of 102

Ken T.
Education Specialist
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Great LMS and Customer Support"

Comments: We've been using Mindflash for over a year now and their product and support is top-notch. Improvements are made seamlessly and when there is a problem, customer support is prompt in responding. The interface is easy to use and intuitive. We've been able to launch and grow our eLearning product over the past year with ease and our customers are happy with the functionality and ability to access our courses from anywhere. I'm looking for more improvement on the reporting side and managing users is getting better. I like the ability to create a quiz and an evaluation within the product.

Pros: Ease of use. Great Customer Support. Intuitive for users. Easy to create a course, series and catalog as well as upload content. Great flexibility and choice when it comes to creating a quiz and an evaluation. I like that you can integrate with Shopify for monetizing class offerings.

Cons: Advanced reports could be better. I would like to see more ability and ease of creating customer fields. Would like to see a live environment to produce and conduct virtual learning.

Nicole C.
Training Coordinator
Philanthropy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Okay system, but lacks in many areas where other LMS are ahead of the game."

Pros: I liked uploading my excel spreadsheets to the system and having mass invites and reminders sent to users.

Cons: There were several things I did not enjoy about this system. The reporting was off when we would run reports on the same things on different days. I also did not like the lack of drop-down options for our users, which made reporting demographics difficult. Above all, it was not a user-friendly system for our users. Many were confused and had difficulties logging in and completing the training. This was the ultimate deal-breaker after being with Mindflash as an organization for just over 3 years.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Benjamin R.
Training Manager
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2016

"Mindflash is an easy to use robust LMS"

Comments: I have used Mindflash for my organization for sales training. It has been easy to use on the admin side as well as the end user side . It allows me to reach our reps and keep them up to date as well as our customers for additional information for their sales people.

Pros: Web based - allows anyone with a solid internet connection to do training remotely.
Compatible with Scorm 1.2
Voice-over capabilities
Reporting

Cons: If the end user connection is slow they might have a lack luster experience

• Reviewed on 7/04/2016
Zarella S.
Safety & Compliance Manager
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Great to get you started."

Comments: We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros: If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons: Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Matt C.
VP Training
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Great tool for Operations"

Comments: Its been a pleasure to work with the support staff and the system. But your people make all the difference - 100%.
Representative has been great work with.

Pros: This systems has proven to be easy to use, easy to train on and its simple to get folks up to speed on because of its ease of use.

Cons: It lacks a timer (to time out - not a due date) for assessments (like the NMLS exam, SATs, etc).

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Matt G.
Training Director
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Easy to use for both admins and users"

Comments: I've been a user for over a year now, and the ease of use is a huge reason why we purchased the service and also expanded. We started with the idea that we would only use Mindflash for the 25 agents in our call center, however we now use it for our home office of 200 people, and also use it with our corporate office which does training for another 250 people. It's been a great value and I would recommend it to anybody needing an LMS system.

Pros: Ease of use, ability to track and segment, types of questions available.

Cons: Nothing glaring

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Dan B.
National Operations manager
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2011

"Perfect for compliance"

Comments: Their service is the key to this product. They have a great base, a great team, and are very good at opening up their scope to their customers. While they still have some room to grow, their willingness to listen to their customers and implement based on their needs will surely make them stand out in this industry. They have saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of flying around the company training employees to meet OSHA and DOT regulations. I highly recommend Mindflash.

Pros: This is a great option for companies that need to train nationally, especially when dealing with OSHA and DOT requirements. One certified trainer can build the online course and manage training for every employee company wide. Customer service and communication has been stellar since day one of the Beta testing, and they have always communicated well. They also have a great forum that they are very attentive to, which allows the users to vote as a group on priority issues and features that they'd like to see. From a company standpoint this is a very good option for internal training.

Cons: There are still some very minor limitations that are being worked on, but these are few and far between. They are working towards better support for individuals who would like to create courses and accept payment.

• Reviewed on 6/07/2011
Stephanie G.
Program Consultation Director
Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Easy to use training platform"

Comments: We've had much success with enrolling and tracking our trainees that span multiple states and training needs.

Pros: Ease in creating courses and tracking trainee progress

Cons: Would like some additional features like reminders, easier options to upload handouts into courses and some others.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Cameron J.
Senior Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"Great Software for Training"

Comments: Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros: The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons: Limit of users

• Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Human Resources Business Partner
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2017

"Easy to use LMS"

Pros: This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons: It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2017
Nicholas L.
Manager of Verifications

"Excellent Product!"

Comments: Pros- *Ease of training
*Introducing a new medium to employee training
*Price
*Facility in creating videos
Cons- *If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email
*No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos.
Impressions- When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.

Lisa J.
Director - Channel Marketing
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2014

"Testimonial"

Comments: My company has been a customer of Mindflash for a year and I've been a "super user" of the Mindflash training modules for about 3 months now. I continue to be thoroughly impressed with its overall UI/UX. We rely on the platform to deliver comprehensive, on-demand training of our products to a wide partner audience. We're able to build our training decks in minimal time, and take advantage of the value-add features like quizzes and supporting audio + video in order for our trainees to have a rich, effective experience.
While having the Mindflash modules available to our partners gives us a competitive advantage, we're able to support our partners with easy-to-use, on-demand training which is the most important element of all.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2014
Jesse H.
National Training Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2014

"Mindflash is a must have for any training department"

Comments: When Dyson decided that it was time to have a Learning Management System I quickly realized that the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to get started deploying consistent training to our team was and still is Mindflash. Within 15 minutes of my free trial I had a beautiful training module complete with videos, voice over, and a ten question quiz. There have been times when Mindflash didn't meet my needs; but after a short discussion with their engineers they were able to meet the exact need that I requested. I highly recommend Mindflash to anybody I talk to about training and Learning Management Systems.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2014
Jason T.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2015

"We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months ago."

Comments: Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience. While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive. We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen?? In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2015
Bob S.
Director of Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2015

"As the system has been adding features the experience has improved."

Comments: The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail.
I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming.
I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2015
Sandi K.
Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2014

"Transitioning to Mindflash"

Comments: After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2014
Robert C.
Safety Technician
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Great Training Platform!"

Comments: Since our transition from group training sessions to Mindflash we've seen a significant impact in how our employees "absorb" the training material.
Pros:
Easy to navigate.
Simple and fast way for employees to create and account.
Fast and easy way to invite trainees to a training course.
Ability to pull results by groups.
Ability to upload material used for courses.
Ability to add voice to slides.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Kathleen S.
Training and Quality Consultant

"Real Value"

Comments: I've worked with premium learning management systems that are complex and pricey. They have nothing on MindFlash with its ease of use, library of helpful tutorials and responsive customer service. With MindFlash, I'm not weighed down by technical red tape and I don't need days of training before I can perform basic tasks. MindFlash has what I need.

Gordon F.
Canadian Completions Trainer
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2015

"Easiest LMS I've used to date!"

Comments: Pro:
Easy to set-up and administer large number of users with excel import ability
Low on bandwidth use for the field / cellphone hotspot
Quizzes are easy to add, more options than just multiple choice
Our end users like the easy of login and use
Con:
Reporting exports may need minor tweaking with dates

• Reviewed on 11/06/2015
Tif S.
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2017

"Happy with product"

Comments: I like how easy it is to create an user, add to courses or series, reset if needed.
I also like how easy it is to organize.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2017
Megan W.
Director of Programs
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2016

"Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers"

Comments: Annually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.

Pros: Very easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files. Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.

Cons: No spell check in quiz sections. Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection. Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2016
Jason B.
Training Manager
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/04/2016

"Mindflash LMS"

Comments: Our business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.

Pros: Mindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.

Cons: The tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.

• Reviewed on 1/04/2016
Alyssa T.
Global Resorts Coordinator
Sporting Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2016

"Intuitive for trainers and essential for trainees"

Comments: Mindflash is a superb tool for companies that need to train a large amount of individuals but aren't able to do so in person. I am just in my first year of using the program as an admin/trainer. I designed the course and distributed it globally. It's very easy to create a course and tailor it to your needs. My team is now able to access and educate hundreds of clients that we were unable to reach before.

Pros: Easy to create, distribute, and track courses/trainees. Anyone can be trained as long as they have an internet connection. The team that works for Mindflash is very easy to reach and extremely helpful when it comes to questions that come up.

Cons: Very few trainees complained about the password strength rules. One trainee was unable to complete a course because she was on an older device, but this is not a huge issue at all.

• Reviewed on 3/03/2016
Tom E.
Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer

"Whiplash"

Comments: The Mindflash platform has served it's purpose quite well, and for the value, it's superb. Although we have not used Mindflash to create Learning & Training Courses, it's built-in tools will get you up and running quickly.

Pros: Simple to use, with a little background.
Handles the load, lots of courses "up there", lots of uses accessing.

Cons: None, we are happy campers.

Ron H.
Dir Channel Support Programs
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2018

"Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer"

Comments: Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Pros: Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters.
Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I’ve seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.

Cons: Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can’t remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can’t customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it’s easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I’d call a rich UI experience. It’s basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can’t provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2018