PioneerRX Reviews

by PioneerRX

Filter by:

• Overall

About PioneerRX

PioneerRxs mission is to save and revitalize independent pharmacy by making patient care and dispensing competitive and profitable.

Learn more about PioneerRX

Rowena D.
Rowena D.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"I am very impressed with PioneerRX's functionality and versatility."

Comments: The ability to customize the software to maximize our workflow is great. We also love the ability to glean data from PioneerRX to analyze our business.

Pros: The best aspect of PioneerRx by far is their customer service (Erica, in particular is great). They are very responsive to help requests, often calling back within minutes of a request. They are willing to spend as much time as needed with you until you are satisfied the issue has been resolved. In the rare instance they are unable to answer your question right away, they will forward the issue to someone who can answer the question and most importantly, they follow through with you. The PioneerRx software itself is amazing. The software can be customized to fit your workflow. There is a wealth of information waiting to be explored within PioneerRX. There are many ways to leverage PioneerRX to maximize workflow and profitability. Another positive aspect of PioneerRx is the online community of current users. There are forums for anyone who has questions about how certain aspects of PioneerRX work in a practical setting. There is also a way to upvote requests from users, so that you have some input in how PioneerRX is developed in the future. Being so open to feedback is just another great aspect of their customer service. Overall it is the best pharmacy software I have used, to date.

Cons: There is nothing in particular that I do not like about PioneerRX. I would like the developers of PioneerRx to continue to listen to the community regarding changes they wish to see in Pioneer.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Nicole O.
Pharmacy Tech
  • Reviewed on 5/03/2018

"Very easy to use!"

Pros: I like the convenience of this program. But I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used RX30 during an internship and it's much easier than that! Thank you for all the hard work you do!

Cons: I think that it would be nice to ask "are you sure you want to import this person" before it actually imports them. I find myself doing that a lot. Also, I think that it would be convenient to have a messaging system so that i can tell other terminal operators and pharmacist things without actually going to them in person. If I could just send them a message to tell them something it would just pop up on the bottom right of the screen that would be very convenient. Thank You!

• Reviewed on 5/03/2018
Khaled A.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"great, as promised, punctual, flexible."

Pros: ease of use, flexibility, full view of the third party reimbursements.

Cons: can't open more than 1 script in windows at a time. i.e: If I am working on a script, and still haven't finished typing it, then a customer comes and asks for a refill, I can't leave the script that I'm working on as is. I have to "save it" to be able to get out of it. And I can't save it until at least the patient, doctor, drug, sig have been entered.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Charli B.
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2018

"Pioneer is so user friendly!"

Comments: Nothing is coming to mind at the moment, but I know that Pioneer is always working to improve the sofeware. Keep up the great work!

Pros: The sofeware is very easy to use and can be picked up quickly even by someone that has never worked in a pharmacy setting before. Our pharmacy is always finding new ways to use the software to make our workflow more timely to give our customers a faster fills. The support team at Pioneer is always there when we have questions or concerns. They're super fast to respond to our calls and always friendly!

Lisa W.
PIC
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

"positive"

Comments: This software allows me to do my job with ease.

Pros: PioneerRx is easy to navigate and there is a high level of functionality for all of our pharmacy needs, from processing prescriptions to generating financial reports. It is also reassuring to know that the remote Support Team, as well as our local rep, are accessible and helpful in resolving most issues that arise in a timely manner.

Cons: On occasion, some of our preferred settings need to be reset after the weekly software update.

Abraham B.
Owner/President
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2018

"best pharmacy software!!"

Pros: One of the most user friendly pharmacy software on the market. Great interface, every task is easy to complete; From adding a patient, to submitting a prescription to running customized reports. Great capabilities with sync, patient reminders/outreach, integration with our wholesaler and inventory. Ease of accounting and pos intergration. When we need help, the expert pioneer staff always calls us back promptly (most of the time within a minute!!).

• Reviewed on 7/03/2018
Christina C.
CPhT
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Educational, Helpful Customer Service Rep., & Awesome"

Pros: Pioneer is a great software to use. It has so many options available to pharmacies to utilize with their patients needs and several ways to keep up with the state standards. Staying compliant with star-rating is also easy with the notifications that are alerted during the filling process. It makes filling prescriptions easier and more efficient.

Cons: There is not really any thing I could recommend as far as changing because the software is that great.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Elizabeth Q.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"Software has been incredibly easy to use."

Pros: I love the color coding for prescription statuses. The tabs are well-organized and generally help me find what I am looking for. I also like the ease of checking inventory in the system because it makes my job easier. The search bank for isurances is also top-notch.

Cons: None, At this time, I do not see any improvements I would consider sharing. I would like to make the font larger on the screen, but that is a function I think I can do.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Kayla D.
Director of Pharmacy
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"PioneerRx is great to work with and has largely contributed to the success of our pharmacy."

Pros: I work in a new organization that is continuously growing, adding new specialties, and offering new services. PioneerRx software and staff are innovative and flexible enough to facilitiate our dynamic business model. I am very thankful for the PioneerRx employees who have helped me succeed in using this software to its fullest.

Cons: I would like to see more compatibility with infusion pharmacy (my apologies if this is actually already an available feature, because I would not be surprised if it was and I just missed the memo).

Victoria A.
pharmacy tech

"very easy to use"

Pros: The service is great everytime there is an issue a represenitive gets in touch with the pharmacy manager very quikly. Its very simple to use I started using the software and in a few days I had the system pretty much down, and it was a bit different from what I use to work on i like this very much!

Cons: when editing scripts it would be better if there were just a save button to prevent from waisting so much paper

Fawad K.
Staff Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Much better compared to other pharmacy software programs. Highly recommended!"

Pros: PioneerRx pharmacy software is very user friendly. It has all the tools and functions any good pharmacy software should have. The staff is very professional and helpful. They resolve any issues you might have right away.

Cons: Even though it is one of the best pharmacy software what I personally feel is they should bring the cost a little down and make it more affordable. I know a lot of independent pharmacies which uses other programs just because PioneerRx is too expensive for them.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Theresa G.
  • Reviewed on 6/06/2018

"Pretty easy to use"

Pros: I like that you have to scan the label and medications when filling. Definitely prevents any sort of error

Cons: I wish that the patient name would be in alphabetical order in the pending doctor call back/print queue automatically.

• Reviewed on 6/06/2018
Vijay V.
pharmacy manager
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2017

"Hard time getting hold of customer service,no after hours."

Comments: we have few pros and lot of cons comapared to previous software...

Pros: editing on prescription and changing NDCs while reviewing...we could scan rx before we type prescription

Cons: customer service i will give negative rating....they take ages to solve problems...no after hours line....

• Reviewed on 14/08/2017
Latoya J.
Pharmacy clerk
Retail
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2018

"My Experience with Pioneer has been amazing from the software program down to the customer service."

Pros: I like most about this software is that if I come across any problem using the software, being that I am a new user, Pioneer support is always there to help with a quick reliable response.

Cons: I can't say that I have any Cons for this software. My 2 month experience as been amazing to say the least.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2018
Will G.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2014

"BEST PHARMACY SYSTEM, PERIOD!!"

Comments: I have worked on several different pharmacy processing systems and Pioneer is far and away the best that I have ever worked on. It is an extremely user friendly system that offers tons of features that make the process simpler. From importing physician information, to finding commercial insurance coverage for patients, to tracking prescriptions from input to final sale, this system is geared to propel pharmacy processing to another level. I will say though, the thing I like most about Pioneer is the customer service. I know every time I call them a live person will answer the phone and get me the assistance I need in a very timely manner. Overall, a wonderful system from a wonderful company!!

• Reviewed on 20/03/2014
Paul B.
Owner-Pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2012

"Outstanding Software - Does Everything!"

Comments: I have tried PharmaServ and QS/1's NRX systems. Pioneer Rx leaves them in the dust AND costs less! Their technical support is friendly, fast and effective.

Pros: Easy to use, Excellent (and immediate) customer service, contains all the features of our last two software vendors at a fraction of the cost, constantly adding new features at user's request, Stable system that literally does everything a pharmacy (even one that sells D.M.E., and does compounding) needs.

Cons: None! This System has no downside.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2012
Diep V.
Pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2012

"Pioneer Review"

Comments: recommended

Pros: great customer support.

Cons: fees are high.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2012
Alan K.
Pharmacist/owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2017

"Great product with great support"

Comments: I bought Pioneer in 2013 after using QS1 for 20 years. The system did not transfer the competitive prices from QS1 that I had set into the old software, and I had difficulty in maintaining a good margin on low priced generics as well as maintaining continuity on pricing, especially generics. After muddling through it for 3 years and doing the best we can, and voicing my frustrations on this site, Pioneer called me and said they wanted my issues resolved and volunteered to send a rep to my store for the better part of 3 days. Customer support representative was exceptional in his willingness and ability to explain and resolve my issues. I was able to get better control over my generic pricing and he also led us to a multitude of other issues to better utilize what Pioneer offered the independent pharmacy. My staff loves it. It does a great job managing our profit/loss issues (with the DIR exceptions) and I may be able to save money by d/cing other programs that Pioneer can handle. My biggest recommendation would be that if you aren't happy with the product, ask them to fix it. don't give up until you get results. It can do a lot more than you think it can. the on site training is somewhat limited. I wish they would have spent more energy into pointing out things at time of installation (perhaps a checklist, provided by current users, would help). I am a bit old school and Pioneer is a highly technical software so the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I would recommend this software over QS1 and am very happy with the service they provided.

Pros: it can do just about anything once you figure out how to work it.

Cons: it is technical and a bit convoluted so may require some serious training. the learning curve might be a bit steep.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2017
Ahmed A.
pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2018

"terribly inefficient software"

Comments: none

Cons: Nour advised PioneerRx that the software which was represented to be simpler, was actually much more complex to use. Specifically, Nour advised PioneerRx of the following problems: There are too many statuses; many more than the essential will call, filling que, in-take que, rejection que and on order.
75% of the data entry screen is blank and all of the essential and a significant amount of non-essential information is shown in a small font on the other 25% of the screen. It is unorganized, not in the same format as the prescription is laid out.
The data entry itself is more difficult than Supreme Royal Pharmacy Software which allows the user to browse with a tab button through a prescription.
Nour was told PioneerRx integrates with PK Software, but it does not.
Nour was told QR Code could be printed, but it cannot.
Textphone notification must be manually turned on for each individual patient which is a significant amount of extra work collecting carrier date on each patient.
Escripts do not auto-populate adding more work for the Pharmacy.

• Reviewed on 3/01/2018
Pharmacy Intern
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/01/2019

"One of the best software I've used so far"

Comments: With how easy the program is to use it makes training very simple. All the buttons are shown and it's easy to navigate throughout the different tabs. You're able to also put in a request for one of the PioneerRx techs to call you so that you don't have to get tied up with trying to call them. When you put in the request you're able to provide information on the issue and most times they're calling back to let you know that they solved the issue you were having.

Pros: I like how easy this software is to learn and use. The ability to have a PioneerRx member contact you in case of any software issues is also very handy especially during rush hour in the pharmacy.

Cons: Some recent issues we've had in the past few months is that the program will freeze up. We tried to merge several stores onto one server and it caused issues throughout the stores. The main issue was the lag time and that it would freeze out all the computers within the pharmacy. We recently switched over to another software due to the lagging we had experienced.

• Reviewed on 5/01/2019
Whitney B.
Owner/Pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2018

"My experience with PioneerRx has been phenomenal from day one."

Pros: PioneerRx's ease of use is what sets it apart from other pharmacy softwares. A brand new user can be up and running almost immediately. I specifically like that PioneerRx is great for compounding or hybrid pharmacies, I don't need another software to dispense my compounds. Their support & customer service is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I used PioneerRx as an employee at 2 pharmacies, when it was time to select Rx software for my own pharmacy, PioneerRx was the easy winner.

Cons: 1. The alert for non-matched/incorrect item in the check screen is inadequate 2. The reports can be difficult to manage, there are lots of reports to choose from, but not always the exact one you want.

Chelsea S.
Pharmacy Tech
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2018

"Wonderful customer service and support team. Easy to navigate and train other staff on."

Comments: It offers a ton of tips to help the pharmacy run and is very easy to train new staff on so everyone is on the same page!

Pros: I love how easy this system is to use. Some pharmacy software in the past was hard to follow and you had to spend time searching for different functions. This system is very easy to use and if we have issues the support team is amazing and always right at our service.

Cons: I do not have any complaints. I do not like how many up dates this system has but each week I read the update descriptions and I am good to go. The direction and layout of this software is amazing and is my top choice for any pharmacy!

• Reviewed on 4/05/2018
Laura E.
CPHT
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE"

Pros: LOVE THE FEATURES, ELIGIBILIY CHECK, EASE OF INSURANCE RECONCILIATION, POS FEATURES A OUTSTANDING (LOVE THAT IT TELL YOU IF A PATIENT HAS ANOTHER RX WAITING TO BE PICKED UP WHEN YOU RING THEM OUT, EASE OF ITEM CHANGES LIKE ADDING ONE CHANGING ONE , SEARCHING FOR DOCTORS TO ADD TO SYSTEM AND PHARMACIES IS SO EASY, EASE OF TRANSFERING A RX WITH FAXING OPTIONS, HELP DESK IS FAST AND SUPER HELPFUL

Cons: SOMETIMES WHOLESALER PRICE UPDATES DO NOT APPLY QUICKLY OR ACCURATELY. SOME RX REJECTS ARE HARD TO FIX BY HAVING TO GO TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES TO ADD OR TAKE OUT INFO

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Matt L.
Pharmacist
  • Reviewed on 6/07/2018

"Pioneer is a great software for our pharmacy. Very powerful and lots of customization"

Comments: Easy to navigate

Pros: Once familiar with the software, the options are pretty much endless for what you can do. Love the ability to leave critical comments that are easy for the next shift to follow up with once the patient calls back. Good workflow. Easy to find or track down any old RX, i.e. ability to search by name, drug, dispensing date, MD, etc. Generally user friendly.

Cons: Slightly larger buttons, i.e. click to call, or edit patient profile. Ability to add ins from the "edit RX screen", Click to call feature for Check screen. Integrations with other softwares, i.e. to get a patient signature via email/text. Ability to track anyone who alters an RX critical comments.

• Reviewed on 6/07/2018
Tracy O.
Pharmacist in Charge
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2018

"Started off rocky but I enjoy working on it now! I think it is a very good pharmacy system!"

Pros: Before pioneer, we never had point of sale. I love the interface between the two. It's nice you can track the workflow of rx pickups. I like the directory for doctor lookup and third parties. There is a "phone" icon button to submit any help questions....helpdesk if very quick to respond to help with rejects or just general questions.

Cons: My biggest issue is overrides. They are there but using them and picking the correct one I just can't get the hang of. It is getting better!

• Reviewed on 30/05/2018