15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Marq

A design & brand templating platform with lockable templates empowering teams to create & distribute content without going off brand.

Learn more about Marq

Pros:

It has nice features and allows you to create and layout documents, and provides a catalog interface so I can see and choose all my created content quickly.

Cons:

The pricing is the only downside, comparing to similar apps on market, this is probably is the expensive one I found.

Marq ratings

4.5
4.3
4.4
4.4

8.5/10

Marq has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 279 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Marq before?

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Graphic and visual works of our brand be done while drinking a cup of coffee with LucidPress!

Comments: The experience of using LucidPress is great. The developers of this online App are wise and know the nature and taste of the user. I need to have the time and opportunity to focus on my work, not to struggle with software bugs, and here with this app everything works great, and my focus is on creativity, creating visual content, and creating new content, and it is very valuable. I create whatever I need in a few minutes and send it for printing or publication online.

Pros:

First of all, working with this application is enjoyable for me, for several reasons: 1) This program is specially designed to work online and is very fast and well-built. 2) It specializes in visual brand development. 3) Ready-made templates and available facilities for branding and making a presentation or catalog and everything that is needed in this application is excellent.

Cons:

It needs more prebuilt templates there are, it faster the user's work in designing and presenting. I suggest adding new templates every week or every month. Everything is great in other parts.

Tammy
General Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and priced well for my small business

Comments: Trying to catch and capture my clients and leads with professional marketing flyers and postcards. Print companies cost too much and I don't like not being in control of the art and placement. I use lucidpress for flyers, programs, catalogs and social media posts.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to put together flyers and advertisements. I am not a graphics designer and I cannot afford to have a marketing department so this service has been great for our small business. I really LOVE the image manager the best :)

Cons:

Really? I don't have too many complaints. Maybe more templates that make it faster to create my flyers but I don't really have anything about lucidpress that I don't like.. and that's pretty amazing.. I use this tool daily.

Kent
Communications Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Free version is useful for many purposes

Comments: Lucidpress was a dream solution for the very small nonprofit organization I was working with when I first discovered it (7+ years ago). It offered tools and features that allowed us to create promotional materials like posters, fliers, forms, reports, etc. It now limits the print quality within the free version to a point that it is only useful for creating quick art for social media. For that purpose, I still recommend it occasionally.

Pros:

Highlights of Lucidpress include sharing and collaborating on files, as well as being to work on files from anywhere with internet access.

Cons:

They have severely hobbled the quality of files that can be downloaded with a paid version.

Miranda
Administrative Assistant in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Great & easy tool!

Comments: Very flexible for making flyers/posters, post cards, etc. Much more affordable & easier to use than Adobe products, especially if you're new to making the aforementioned items. Lots of helpful insights & tutorials in the FAQ section that allow for self-teaching. Love the ease & options for downloading.

Pros:

It's a very simple interface to learn. I appreciate how easily pictures can be imported & the variety of templates available to use. I like how easily I can collaborate or share documents with others. Also, the download features, where you optimize the download based on how the document will be viewed, is a highlight as well.

Cons:

Often glitchy. When the document is enlarged to 100% in view mode, can't scroll to see the whole file. Sometimes alignment feature doesn't work between text boxes. Difficult to know exactly what resolution photos need to be for them to show up clearly.

Beau
Beau
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Woodbury School of Business in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy To Use For Non-Designers

Comments: I love how I can just login to this software online since my Chrome Book cannot download software. I am having a great experience using this.

Pros:

Since I am a non-designer, it is a very useful application. I like how the creative team can lock certain aspects of a logo so that the brand integrity is always there. Being able to contribute to content creation helps ease the burden on the creative and accelerates overall creativity.

Cons:

There really isn't much to dislike with this software, it is so useful for our team. I wish I could do more with the software but it is a little to complicated for me.

TRAVIS
Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Quality Design Tool

Comments: Lucid has been my go to publishing software for over 5 years. We create newsletters, campaign mailers and more with ease.

Pros:

I love having such a strong cloud based publishing software with lots of beautiful templates and functionality.

Cons:

Somewhat a double edged sword, since it is cloud by nature, we've found ourselves having to purchase more and more storage.

Sonia
Manager in Canada
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Incredible tool to create marketing material

Comments: So far we’ve had a great experience using Lucidpress. It's been nearly two years since we switched from Canva and we're not likely to give it up anytime soon. We use Lucidpress for our marketing documents (printed and web versions) and we enjoy its user friendly interface.

Pros:

Many very useful features that enable the quick creation of ebooks, brochures and more.

Cons:

It’s a fairly complete tool and the only thing we could have more of, would be the selection of shapes to choose from.

LaReesa
LaReesa
Grant Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

Great budget design option

Comments: It's so easy to work with and reasonable investment for my small business. I'm not a designer by trade, so I don't need a full suite of capabilities - I just need an easy-to-use tool to make good looking documents for my client. This fits the bill. They also have very responsive customer service.

Pros:

It's easy to learn and much more reasonably priced than other, more popular software. Design is a small part of my business, so I don't need a ton of capabilities, but I do need more than Google Suite offers. I designed a 10-page annual report with Lucidpress and found it comparable to InDesign and QuarkXPress, which I've used in previous jobs. I use Chrome OS so I needed a web-based program.

Cons:

It's web-based, so sometimes can be slow or freeze up. A small annoyance is the scroll bar is sometimes hidden under a button that expands the design menu, so I have to zoom in or out to be able to scroll. It's a very minor annoyance though compared to the ease of use of the program!

Merald
Merald
CEO in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Excellent option for external communications

Pros:

We enjoyed the flexibility of this software and the ability to share and edit documents with people across our community and across the state. The dynamic presentations we can create with Lucidpress are very valuable to our organization.

Cons:

The image library tool is fine, we did find it would be easier to insert pictures in documents without that barrier.

Mark
Mark
Owner in US
Events Services

A game changer for design needs

Comments: A very powerful, yet cost effective tool for my DTP and page layout needs. A top notch tool for creating marketing materials.

Pros:

pretty much everything. It is a powerful DTP and page layout tool that gives you many features in a cloud based solution. The app is quick and speedy. Very robust. included templates are quality.

Cons:

Lack of an app to be able to function using my ipad. Strictly limited to pc or mac. In todays age, mobility is crucial and lucid press needs to get the ability to function on an ipad.

AC
Director General in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Taking traditional media tools online

Comments: I am overcoming the need to print my magazine. Over 40% of the readership obtained comes through referrals and that is because the magazine is easy to share digitally, through WhatsApp or other social media platforms with only a few clicks. Not needing to print the magazine is a major advantage. The fact that the framework for the design possibilities are in place, also gives me the chance to work within my own means with clients and not have any type of overbearing requirements that cannot be handled.

Pros:

The software gives the ease of use of all the major components that go into page production. It even adds features like page advance, buttons, link, and video capabilities. Users are easily engaged with the interactive features that can be built into the design. Having a magazine for wedding planning or real estate are two of the major stylistic endeavors, although some non-military organizations have shown their craft behind Lucidpress and many corporate leadership brochures have been developed as well. Making a page turner, that also incorporates many swype characteristics in photo galleries and scrolling text, it's easy for some readers to pick up their phone or tablet more than once to view a source. The high resolution quality of Lucidpress that is evident on desktop truly shows the optimum performance needed to get the layout with all the detailed elements on screen to the viewer.

Cons:

In some cases, I would like to add some html onto the pages like in WordPress. For instance, something like a clickboard or text entry form. Some clients and myself would like to have the magazine work in a static browser outside of being connected to Wi-Fi to work offline on a tablet.

Madeleine
Product Marketing Manager in Canada
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Design like a pro without needed a pro!

Comments: LOVE IT! I highly recommend this for a team who might be down on designers but wants to spiff-up their assets!

Pros:

I love how easy and approachable Lucidpress is. Without having any design experience I have been able to learn the software as I go (very approachable) and yet always produce professional looking designed assets. They have a vast template library that I find to have the best looking templates on the market! (Much better than Canva in my opinion). I also think the value for money is the best on the market. Lastly, I have been using lucidpress and lucid chart over 3 years and see the innovation over time. Native integrations with other key areas of our tech stack is important - such as JIRA and confluence.

Cons:

It is expensive for someone who uses it infrequently. That being said, I have done annual contracts or month to month and never experienced any issues in closing and reopening my account (all my data was saved and their support team was very helpful in the process).

Paul
Director of Operational Technology in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 201–500 Employees

Awesome option for those wanting to not be tied to Publisher

Comments: Being a Chromebook/G-Suite district, Lucidpress allows our staff to continue to make high quality newsletters and flyers on any device (since it's cloud based) without being tied to the Microsoft Office product. The ability to collaborate and integrate into Google Classroom and Google Drive has also been very beneficial.

Pros:

Web based with a nice variety of features. Simple to use but powerful. Can be centrally managed and licenses can be distributed, as needed, using the Lucidpress Team feature. Cheap for K-12 entities (about $50 per license, per year). LucidPress is a great alternative from Microsoft Publisher even for those institutes that may use the Educational free version of Office 365 (which doesn't include Publisher). Allows for collaboration and makes creating newsletters and flyers easy for even the non-technical user. Connects easily with Google Drive and Google Classrooms.

Cons:

With a fairly large set of options and features, "Publisher only" trained staff or those who are "tech-nervous" are initially a little intimidated by the options they have. However, after showing them the basics in under 5 minutes, they can usually create professional looking newsletters.

Linh
Social Worker in New Zealand
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

Been using Lucidpress for nearly two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Comments: Getting paid.

Pros:

Lucidpress is a great online-based software for those who cannot download software on their computers. As a chromebook user, it was a handy tool for me to create, edit and download PDFs I have created. I created things from flyers to presentations to postcards. Easy to use and simple to use. Lucidpress is great to use when you need basic editing tools from Adobe InDesign.

Cons:

More features! Lucidpress should use more work on the picture editing tool. Some of the brightness and contrast doesn't work too well, so I prefer to do simple editing on Photoshop for my brightening needs on photos.

Cassie
Graphics Designer/Newsletter Editor in US

I love the user-friendliness of the program, my documents look great without tons of hours poured in

Pros:

It's easy to add and manipulate graphics and text. The upload font upgrade is well worth it to have more options. Customer support is good too and they are always upgrading the services and experience

Cons:

I don't like the storage system. If you upload a photo and use it four times, the storage counts it against your account each individual time. That can chew up a lot of space

Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A lot of software like this

Comments: Creating internal documents for team events/workshops/internal changes has been helpful. We have a separate software for customer-facing media but not everything requires that much detail and it's nice to have this where any one can use it.

Pros:

In their template recommendations, they have options split by print, mobile, social media, etc and then sub categories for each which is helpful if you don't have much experience making these materials. Even the fonts are categorized. The paid version lets you upload fonts. You can copy/paste images onto the page to skip the upload process but it doesn't always format correctly. You can download or have them print it for you and send it to you.

Cons:

If you don't have the paid version, it's difficult to know what's free vs paid before you select it. The editing page is intimidating at first as it looks very professional, but you get used to it.

Nicole
Client Services Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly!

Comments: I like using this software. It makes it pretty easy for our students to create their own online magazines

Pros:

Lucid Press is very user friendly. It doesn't have a big learning curve, so it's easy to jump right in a create a project. I also like the fact that you can generate code to embed a magazine directly onto your website.

Cons:

I wish it were easier to cut/paste directly from Word documents. My writers send me articles written in word processing software and I really need to be able to paste content directly into Lucid Press. You can do it, but you have to use a white background because the pasted content (each word) ends up with a white background behind it. If you use a colored background on the page you're working on, it ends up looking like some sort of funky ransom note!

Owner/photographer in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Wonderful options!!!

Comments: Lucid press takes care of a lot of set up issues and that I truly appreciate. There’s no arguments with the press offers the best

Pros:

Wonderful options!!! The software as how it is set up makes life so easy for me to work with clients. The ease in which I can create is fantastic. It was so easy to train one of my employees in usingThe software. I recommend it to all my clients and friends because of the professional results and the ease of use that I get from the software

Cons:

No cons it does what I want it to do and the end product looks great

Shawna
Marketing Coordinator in Canada
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Lucidpress Review

Comments: It is overall easy to navigate and simple to figure out even for a beginner.

Pros:

I like that it is so user friendly, and even a beginner can navigate easily.

Cons:

It do not like that it does not accept Vector files.

Greg
Owner/Publisher in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Amazing design software

Comments: Easy for a novice like me to design pages

Pros:

I could not get a handle on InDesign, far to complicated if you didn't start with them in the beginning. I had to hire a designer for my digital publication. I found LucidPress and I'm a designer! So EASY to use.. I create amazing pages for my publication theblueupright.com a fly fishing catalog.. Just try it!

Cons:

Would like to embed video's on the pages, not link. Would like to be able to separate documents. also would like an easier way to renumber pages.

Lynita
CEO in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

We use Lucidpress in all our ventures for flyers, business cards, brochures, media kits, and magazin

Pros:

Love the ease of use! I don't have any graphic design training so the ready made templates are awesome!

Sophie
Creative Manager in US
Arts & Crafts, 51–200 Employees

It's been a great experience, easy to work with, lots of cool templates, possibilities are endless.

Comments: I am now able to create professional and visually appealing documents and promo material. I've been able to do it myself instead of outsource.

Pros:

I love all the templates and ability to download your own fonts, images, etc I use it for everything. I create flyers, posters, portfolios, catalogs.

Cons:

Sometimes when working on large pieces it takes forever to download and gets super slow. I wish it would be compatible with photoshop.

Kate
President/Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Lucidpress has been one of the best purchases I have made for my consulting business.

Comments: It allows me to create high-quality print and digital products even with little design background. Before Lucidpress there was not a sustainable or affordable design program for those of us who didn't have experience in InDesingn or Photoshop. Lucidpress has been one of the best purchases I have made for my business and clients love the professional results.

Pros:

Lucidpress is easy-to-use and navigate. While I don't have experience in InDesign or Photoshop, I'm still able to produce high-quality digital and print design projects that look professional.

Cons:

There can sometimes be performance issues depending on web browser. However this is usually fixed quickly.

Rodney
PR Director in US
Fund-Raising, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy powerful platform

Comments: We use for posters, newsletters and magazines.

Pros:

This software is by far the easiest and most powerful software we have used for newsletters and PR Sheets. We have tried numerous programs. Most with a higher price point and this has been the the best option for our PR Team.

Cons:

Right now this has no flaws for.our use and we have had great luck with lucidpress

Michelle
Strategic Communications Manager in US
Government Relations, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Fantastic Resource for Reports and Marketing

Pros:

I love how easy and intuitive this program is to use as well as the number of templates and features offered. It is perfect for reports, marketing ads, presentations, and online/print posters and flyers. One of the best features is the ability to upload online. I often use this instead of emailing out large files.

Cons:

Wished that there was a wider selection of images like Canva