15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Pros:

Trello's design and user-friendly interface makes this software not only extremely effective, but also visually pleasing. I am a designer by trade and I like things to be beautiful.

Cons:

I hate the way that they don't have a customer for Linux. I likewise hate that it's an electronic application that you must be online to utilize.

Trello ratings

4.5
4.3
4.3
4.5

8.5/10

Trello has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 23,142 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Trello before?

Filter reviews (23,142)

Jeroen
Jeroen
Business Owner in Belgium
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Great task management SAAS

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience, and I still don't know all the features and possibilities, because I do not need them all.

Pros:

- the free version has sufficient possibilities for small business and freelancers - clear and structured overview - Easy to deploy and self-explanatory

Cons:

- calendars, timelines etc require a paid subscription

Heather
Marketing Manager in US

I Just Keep Coming Back to Trello

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have used Trello on and off for roughly 10 years now and at multiple companies. Occasionally, I'll try a different platform because some aspect of it appeals to me (like easily toggling between cards, lists, and gantt views like some platforms), but I always wind up coming back to Trello because it's the best way for me to track multiple projects and a global team. It's so robust at even the free level and setup is so much simpler than other platforms. I've gotten to where I even have a "workspace" for my personal life so I don't drop any balls there, either.

Pros:

I love how easy Trello is to set up and how robust it is even at the free level. Editing and creating cards from templates is much simpler in Trello than in other platforms and I spend less time on project management than I did before we made the switch. It was intuitive for my team to learn and we've had fewer things slipping through the cracks since we switched.

Cons:

I do wish I was easily able to see projects a different way in Trello. There's probably a way to do it that I haven't found, but if it exists, it's not as simple as other platforms.

Isael Alexander
Isael Alexander
Network and Comunication analyst in Dominican Republic
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Managing your projects wherever you are

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We use it to administer and manage projects, it is super good since all users can view the tasks they have to perform

Pros:

It is a super complete tool with a very friendly interface and unique features that are different from other project management tools. We can access it from any device while maintaining a friendly interface that is easy for the user to use.

Cons:

What we don't like about the tool is the cost per license but after that it is very good

Jonathan
Chief Button Pusher in US

A Card Above The Rest

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Makes managing multiple projects with moving parts and more than one team member involved easy to manage. It's also free, which is great for any startup trying to get organized with a small or large remote or office team.

Pros:

I enjoy the card based system Trello makes use of. The WYSWYG design function is beneficial to even novice users - you can move things how you see fit without major processes involved. I also enjoy the customizability. You can use Trello anyway you want. If you have a chaotic but effective process, you can make it your own. If you're extremely organized - it's perfect for that, too.

Cons:

Slight learning curve because it's so open. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty useful. Also, their sale to Atlassian kind of mucked things up. I didn't like Jira when originally searching for an Asana replacement. The sale also messed up customer support for a bit.

Adam
Graphic web design in UK

board tracking

5.0 last month New

Comments: like the software as a means to visually layout the pages for a web build an dcan move the cards around as the pages are complete

Pros:

Trello is simple to use, can be shared with clients who can see where progress is and add comments and or files for boards, it's a good way to go back and forth with cards

Cons:

some limitations for when adding files for downloading them can be too easy to move a card unintentially

Kayla
Speech and communication coach in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

An easy business tool for solopreneurs and large businesses alike

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I started with Trello at the beginning of my business and have preferred it over other platforms that I've tested as well, such as Notion and Monday.

Pros:

I love how many ways you can organize and view boards. Regardless of how you organize information or which visuals work best for you, Trello has a perfect layout for your work style.

Cons:

Some seemingly simple functions are not user-friendly, such as being able to turn off "repeat" tasks once they are no longer necessary.

Tucker
Financial planner in Canada
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Trello, the all in one progress tracker and collaboration tool

Comments: Excellent experience, easy to organize, track my business and follow up on notes and ideas I have for furthering the brand

Pros:

Organization tools, scheduling abilities, collaboration with team members, and controlling leads and prospects’ progress in the tool

Cons:

Would like a disclaimer or confirmation that all information uploaded in the system is completely secure

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Friendly Project Management Tool For Beginners

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It is a simple project management tool with user friendly functionalities. It is very simple use and manage tasks but lacks features required for complex project management and planning.

Pros:

Trello is one of the best project management tools because it is easy to use. Setting up a new project and members to the project is very straightforward which makes it beginner friendly.

Cons:

There is no time tracking features implemented in Trello by default which is very crucial for Project Management. While we can implement required features using add-ons, but they cost extra to integrate which is not very ideal.

Vanessa
Vanessa
Owner in Italy
Design, Self Employed

An excellent alternative for PM

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I find it a fantastic alternative for project management for small-medium teams and projects. It saves a lot of time and money because it allows the team manager to keep track of all the tasks and really helps with the member's collaboration. I highly recommend it!

Pros:

Visually it is very beautiful and feels organized and clean. It allows a lot of customization and movement of the cards so you can really play around with your options saving a lot of time. It is very versatile in this sense. At the same time, it is super easy to learn and when you bring a new member to the team, little explanation is needed to get them integrated.

Cons:

If the project has many moving parts or many members, it starts to feel cluttered and slow. The search tool could use improvement too.

Adrian
Adrian
Founder in Australia
Executive Office, 2–10 Employees

One of the best cloud softwares around

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It just makes sense on how to create tasks, cards and doing everything inside of it. No tutorial required which is the best type of software. Best, Adrian No Knot [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

It keeps going up in price and nothing really changes. They implement useless features. Just don't touch it anymore, it does not need any work. Stop raising the price because you can

Lisa
Freelance Writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Amazing software!

Comments: Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros:

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons:

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Cielle
owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

I am getting so much more done

Comments: It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros:

Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward. And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons:

Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits. With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

Maria
Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great product for the price

Comments: Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros:

I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons:

Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

Matt
Matt
Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very intuitive and easy to immediately

Comments: Trello has been a huge boost to staying organized with not just my big projects, but also with my daily tasks and staying organized in all of my activities.

Pros:

I've used both the paid and free versions of this platform and the free version is as simple to use as the paid version. You do get additional features with the paid version, but for managing your own tasks and projects the free version will still provide everything that you need. I've used a number of project management platforms and Trello stands out because it's very intuitive to use and organize the information you're working on.

Cons:

Occasionally, I wish Trello had some prompts on how to better organize information, but this isn't a deal-breaker. I really like it when software can help to save me from my own disorganization, and Trello primarily does that with a very simple setup, but I would also accept some prompts or suggestions too.

Ernesto
Lead Designer in UK
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Trello Review

Comments: I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros:

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons:

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

Simeon
Data Governance consultant in UK
Design, Self Employed

trello project management tool

Comments: as a user, I appreciate Trello's customization options, which enable them to tailor the tool to their specific workflows. By creating custom labels, due dates, and checklists, users can adapt Trello to suit their project management needs. This flexibility allows individuals and teams to work in a way that aligns with their unique processes, resulting in more streamlined and efficient workflows.

Pros:

Trello's user interface is clean, visually appealing, and easy to navigate. The board and card system, with its drag-and-drop functionality, allows users to organize and prioritize tasks effortlessly. The simplicity of the interface makes it accessible to users of all levels of technical expertise. Trello provides users with the flexibility to adapt the tool to their specific workflows and needs. Users can create customized boards, lists, and cards, and define their own labels, due dates, and checklists. This flexibility makes Trello suitable for various project types and teams, whether it's for personal task management or collaborative team projects. Power-Ups feature provides additional functionality and automation options. Users can integrate third-party services and add-ons to automate repetitive tasks, track time, generate reports, and enhance productivity. Power-Ups enable users to customize Trello to suit their specific project management needs.

Cons:

I Cant say that there is anything I dislike about Trello.

Fernando
Fernando
Games Director in Spain
Entertainment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Jack-of-All-Trades for Task Management

Comments: I juggle between three different tools to organize myself:
1. MyLifeOrganized (https://www.mylifeorganized.net): A pure task manager where I can list tasks and subtasks, prioritise, add dates, and mark them as completed.
2. Trello: A visual board where I can see how my tasks flow, and add details to each tasks (text, attachments, images, comments).
3. OneNote (https://products.office.com/en-us/onenote/digital-note-taking-app): A note-taking app, where I can write longer texts, add any attachment, include video or audio directly from the app into my notes and reorganize them easily.
Whenever I need to write longer specifications, or archive something for future reference, OneNote is my tool of choice. If I am purely working on my own with standalone or unrelated tasks, MLO is the easiest tool for me, quicker and with lots of intelligent reminders. When I need to focus on a project - a lot of related tasks - and/or share these tasks with someone else - i.e. working within a team - Trello shines brightly for me.

Pros:

* Ease of use: Creating tasks, editing and moving them is VERY easy and quick. * The shortcuts are intelligently chosen, and help working faster. * Thanks to all the functionalities within each card, Trello adapts very well to very different working styles: I can choose to create a checklist (so I simulate a tasks with subtasks), add attachments, labels, comments, etc. * Very nice experience when working with a team: syncs seamlessly and fast, I can see things as they happen in the actions feed and react if I want to, we can have whole conversations within a card, and have them for reference... * Something I specially love is the fact that I can copy an image (something I do a lot, capturing images with screenshot tools and the like) and paste it directly into a card. Trello understands that and displays the image as a comment.

Cons:

* I don't like the board management screens. I find hard sometimes to find the boards I want. * I guess there is a reason for not allowing me to delete cards, rather than archiving them, but I still feel that I would like to be able to delete them.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My business literally depends on Trello

Comments: I use multiple Trello boards to organise various parts of my business but one of the best things is that I have leads for my clients come in to Trello boards via email, direct from my landing page. I can have different labels automatically attached to a certain lead depending on the landing page so I know what landing page the lead was from. I can trigger my client's notification on his phone and he instantly knows he has a lead, so he can call them within minutes (or seconds even) of them filling out the form. This is a better system for lead gen than anything I have seen - and it doubles as a CRM! I probably shouldn't be telling you this actually... exposing secret gems here! As well as labels I can attach various custom stickers so I can see information about that card at a glance. Trello is maybe the backbone of my business, keeping me organised. On some boards I have all the tasks I need to do all mapped out and keeping me on top of things, on other boards I have data organised in such a way that I can see things at a glance that I would never pick up by looking at a spreadsheet of the same data. I organise both my private life and my business on Trello, and I use the Trello app on my phone just about as much as I check my email on my phone.

Pros:

I like the way it incorporates with other things via Powerups. I use Trello Butler all the time (both the bot and the powerup) to automate just about everything I do on Trello (love those dashcards especially!). I integrate it with Zapier to parse leads on my Trello board and keep track of what happens on Google Sheets. I use a wide variety of custom fields (and I use them with Butler to do some real magic) I also really like how I can attach an image and it shows on the card, some of my boards have images on every card.

Cons:

Its a small thing, but I have some very personal boards that I use for my private life and some business boards for my business - I can't really show people my business boards without risking them seeing my personal boards on the menu. It'd be nice to be able to hide them away in a conspicuous folder so I can comfortably show Trello on the projector without exposing my private life.

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Ultimate multi-team work and work-flow tracking

Comments: We started out using trello on their free plan for a single project as an experiment. This is how we've evaluated ticketing and tracking systems in past, but trello became so popular so quickly in 6 months we used it almost everywhere. It's UX is so well-designed that it enhanced our work productivity more than custom-reinforcement tools that had been built for other tracking systems. It works great for individual and team projects, and allows both mixing of teams and seperate teams as case may be. It has good security and notification, and it very reasonably priced. It has so many integrations (they have different word for integrations, i forget it something like buttons), there are constantly more things we could be doing with it. Butler plugin is particularly useful- again this does things that we have had to automate internally with other work tracking systems. The API we've started using extensively in the past 6 months, it's much easier than many vendors APIs and we've used it for everything from quick regular reports to automated notification, to management-like functions. Again some of these things we've done in other systems, but the card concepts are so well implemented they just work better and are more clearly to implement and have the eventual implementation very closely match the vision.

Pros:

Beyond easy to use- it's actually fun to use, people want to move work through. By embracing kanban it also encourages constant workflow. The integrations it has are numerous and awesome. The API is very flexiable and we use it extensively.

Cons:

Not too much. There are some annoyances like it doesn't support all of Markdown, which makes it harder to format things. It's a bit tricky to apply same operation to multiple cards, without using the API. This creates extra work, but once you know it you can frequently control it. Mostly rare annonyances, some feature that isn't there yet.

Ishanka
Ishanka
Chinese Project Specialist in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

My favorite, simple and easy to use task management tool on the Internet

Comments: The ease of use and layout makes this great for smaller projects, but also holds the platform back from fulfilling the needs of bigger operations. With my experience with Trello, I think it is a must-have tool for freelancers, small companies and new startups.

Pros:

Trello is a project management software that allows teams to collaborate on a project. This platform is commonly used by software development teams, small startups, and entrepreneurs who are working together with a team to create a product of sorts. It allows for easy communication, updates on tasks, and the general oversight of a project. Through my experiences of working with the software platform, here are some of the pros and cons I have found to be true of this platform. Ease of Use - I was shocked to see older professors in a college setting using this platform, but thanks to the simplicity, almost anyone who is semi-tech savvy can easily navigate and figure out the basics of Trello. Device Accessibility - Typically, when you are on the go, you don't always have time to be working off of your laptop. With Trello, it is easy to manage boards, lists, and cards from a mobile or tablet device. Notifications - It is easy to stay up to date with any project as users are sent notifications through the mobile and web app platforms. Layout - The way the task, cards, and list are set up allows for one to quickly understand the status of the project and access details needed in specific areas of the project.

Cons:

Limited Storage - In the freemium model, the most each file attachment can be in size is 10 MB. This can be problematic if the team needs to view a PDF, video, or slide deck presentation that you are trying to add to the board. This can easily be resolved by a user posting a link on Trello of a google drive file, but the creation of that google drive file may come as an inconvenience. Commenting - As progress is made, you may want to edit a comment made previously to avoid confusion among team members. Trello does not allow for editing comments, which can come as a hassle. Instead, you must write a new comment.

Ariel
Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Never Guess What You Need to Do Next

Comments: Overall, Trello works for my needs. I'm a freelancer that works with multiple companies so this is setup as different teams inside my Trello account. I also have different projects on my own which i setup separately as well. It provides the basic backbone for project management from workflow to collaboration. I hope there are ways to filter or create views that you want in the future.

Pros:

What i like about Trello is that it's simple yet flexible. THe regular kanban style board layout is enough to handle basic task management or as an ideas log. But when you move beyond only managing your own tasks, like working with clients or other colleagues, the collaboration tools certainly help a lot. They also have powerups or extended features that you can add alongside the basic functionality which makes it even more powerful.

Cons:

What i like least about trello is the homepage. It gets unwieldy when you start to manage multiple boards at once. The homepage is where you see the overview of everything in your account. But you can't customize it to make it look or show only the data that really matters. For example, you can't filter to see only board A from Team 1. Or Board XYZ from Team 2. So it really is just a timeline of everything. And it doesn't work from a project management perspective since there are more critical projects that you want to know every detail of and there are others where you only want to check once in a while And of course, if no one else is using it, just like with any project management software, it becomes useless.

Kim
Digital Design & Strategy Consultant in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Hello Trello 👋

Pros:

Trello is really the best, inexpensive project management tool you could ask for. Edits happen in real- time. Assigning team members and due dates are simple with the Kanban cards and Planyway calendar. In- platform reminders work flawlessly. Teaching project progress is easy for simple projects.

Cons:

The one main drawback would be that there are a lot of plugins available to make more features and apps available (calendars, etc. ). This can be good, but sometimes can take you a little off course, since you have to generally leave the main Trello board and experience to access the extension features. It would be fantastic if more of the extension features were just built into the platform itself. This next part isn't so much a negative, but more of a heads-up as you start getting into complex projects with more moving parts. Unless you upgrade to a heavier duty business plan, tracking milestones for each card is tough. Example: your project has 3 parts. Each part requires 2 people to do 3 tasks each. Without the paid plan, it's tough to track who's assigned to which specific step for which specific due date without creating a separate card for each task. To assign due dates to each, you're now looking at tracking progress across 18 individual cards on the free plan. You can use a checklist, but can't assign due dates to the individual milestones/ tasks unless you're on the free plan. They have to make money (I fully get and support that!). Just know that as your projects grow in complexity, the amount you have to spend may grow with it. Not always, but sometimes. With that said, they are still the cheapest, somewhat full-featured project management tool that you can jump right into and begin using.

Senne
Senne
Entrepreneur in France
Information Services, Self Employed

Amazing tool for better productivity in life - professionally ánd personally

Comments: I don't even know where to begin to describe how much of an impact Trello has made on my life and how I use it exactly. But I'll try. I have multiple businesses that I run and lots of new ideas that occur to me on at least a monthly basis. These ideas have to go somewhere. Before Trello, these ended up in various places, like Samsung Notes. But this was much, much less structured than Trello and not structured enough for me to be able to really process everything and create order. My mind was all over the place, restless. Over the past year, I've been using Trello more and more actively and my main board (for my agency) has evolved a lot. If you aren't using a task management tool, you should start RIGHT NOW. And Trello will most likely be the best fit. At least it was for me. That being said, I would not recommend it as a project management tool. Meaning for collaboration with clients and project management for clients, creating structured systems, working with teams,... there are more focused tools for that on the market. Which are not free, but very affordable as well. I'm sure other people would disagree, since Trello does offer most of the featurest that are needed for project management as well, but I personally like more professional tools that are specifically created for that purpose. So, in conclusion, Trello is without a doubt the best task management tool on the market and one of the best ways to create more structure in your life and get rid of the chaos!

Pros:

The fact that the core features for daily task management are available to everyone for free. On top of that, if you do need the more advanced features, these are available at a fairly low cost. The fact that Trello has made such a big impact in my life, every single day, for both my personal to-do's, things I don't want to forget or remember for later (such as bucket lists), as well as (and primarily) task management for my businesses. I will elaborate further as part of my overall experience with Trello. The mobile app AND desktop app! This is so handy and one of the reasons why I've been switching all my old Samsung Notes to Trello. The mobile app can be easily installed anywhere, so I always have my with me wherever I go. When I think of something to do, I can write it down quickly, add a new card or just an item etc. It's very quick and easy and plays an essential role in my life.

Cons:

The function "ctrl + f" to easily search for words inside a list is not available in the desktop app. This means searching for terms can be less efficient compared to the web app, which means I sometimes have to go through the trouble of opening Trello in my browsing and searching for something there, because it would be harder to do on desktop (I realise this is nit picking). Furthermore, I would like to be able to either exclude OR include archived cards, so it would be easier and faster to look for the task I want. Now, I end up opening a bunch of archived cards when I don't really need those anymore. This brings me to the final thing I really don't like about Trello and that's that it's not possible to delete a card directly instead of archiving it. This is possible, via other steps, but very inconvenient and time consuming. Why not just give the option to completely delete something? If that were possible, I would actually use the archive function in a productive way. Now it's just a place where everything ends up that I don't need anymore. Not practical.

Eren
Data Scientist in Germany
Insurance, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Trello - Task management couldn't be simpler!

Comments: With Trello, I can work both synchronously and asynchronously with my project team and always have a transparent view of the status and who is the contact person for which topic. For my own organisation, I keep a separate board with a backlog and prioritisation, because my boring to-do list drove me crazy at some point. It became too confusing due to the many parallel to-dos and re-prioritisations to be able to organise myself efficiently.

Pros:

I have to admit that I found it great in the first place that you can already use a lot in the free version. Besides the Trello boards for projects and teams at work, I even started using it privately. At the beginning, it was more of a To Do list for me, then I developed everything further and further and basically developed boys' boards. It's worth its weight in gold, especially in my project teams. Everyone can see transparently what is currently being worked on, what is still in the backlog, which things should be done this sprint but are still open and what has already been completed. I also love the design. It's appealing and not as dull as Jira, for example. You can also assign several people to a ticket and see directly who is working on what. The coloured categorisation of the tickets also helps to bring in even more structure. It is also great that you can attach files to the tickets.

Cons:

The many features, which are also available in the free version, sometimes make it difficult to see the wood for the trees. For example, there are different board overviews, and it is not always easy to understand how individual functions move or change their view. The customising capabilities in the free version are also very limited.

Computer Games

Great for the basics, but struggles with anything more.

Comments: It helps us with quick organisational tasks, and seeing ideas laid out infront of us does help with productivity. But sometimes Trello just isn't powerful enough for actual task management and tracking, and this is a chore having to move your cards into another system all the time. It should have a pro-level tier for people who want more control over their management of the boards.

Pros:

Trello is great, it's simple to use, and has loads of clever UX devices that make tracking and updating tasks a joy. We use it quite often within our organisation whenever something needs "organising fast" - we're not expecting to track the progress of the entire project through Trello, but the occasional breakout. We've most often used Trello to round up our "ideas" phase, and then moved onto a more complex project management tool after that. The interface is simple, the free level is "about right" and there are just enough features for you to get going quickly. Trello is great for quick organisational tasks, that need to be presented in a visual way, or they are good for information sharing (literally a pin-board of ideas works well) - and has reduced the need for post-it-notes everywhere in the office.

Cons:

There comes a point in every Trello boards life when the user will go "ok, now it's time to move this all away from Trello" Task management is .. laborious at best, with no real way of tracking time, burndowns, productivity, velocity, or any other metric that tells a project manager if the job is "getting done", it's simply not built for that and trying to implement methods that will make it work, just result in frustration. It's also a bit lightweight on the features for the free trial version, quite a few things are locked off behind the paywall (which is fine) - but also, we feel that there isn't *enough* features behind the paywall which would incentivise us to purchase a license. So the bottom line with Trello is it's great for short term, simple tasks and idea sharing, but anything more heavy duty that needs to be updated regularly and it will struggle.